Frog Juicer as Auto Reverser.

2002p51

Look at this sketch.

StageLoop.jpg

This is a 3-track staging and reverse loop I'm planning. If I gap the rails where the red marks are, and connect the Dual Frog Juicer where indicated in green, will it handle the auto polarity reversing for all three tracks? Keep in mind this is a one operator railroad (me) and I would only ever be moving one train at a time on this.

If, as you say, you’ll only be running one train at a time, you should be fine. If it were me, though, I think I would ditch the triple set of isolators and move it back to before the first turnout on that side. As turnouts can sometimes cause their own problems, it would help keep them out of the equation if any trouble shooting is needed.

It will be better to put the breaks in the outer rails of the point feeding the loop as in this diagram.

StageLoop 1.jpg

There is no need to isolate the frog (live frog is best for this situation) because both rails will always be at the same potential. The only issue you might have is how much current draw the parked trains have on the three loops if they are sound fitted and making noise.

Back