Friday the 13th! WPF 13-15

Cjcrescent

Master Mechanic
Went to Rex's earlier this week and carried one of my locos. Its the original Atlas RS-1 from Kato. The detail on this thing isn't as good as they are now, but considering this one is over 20 years old, ain't too bad for an old girl! If I can find some more paint that matches the GM&O maroon again, (or the original laquer I used to have), I'll redetail thisin' as well.

Alright guys let's see them fotos!

Excellent pics Carey;
Here's WB #95 taking the signal at PT Jct.
HPIM9416.jpg

Great start to the weekend gent's
Don't forget everyone,,, put your best pictures in the Photo Gallery :D

Nice Carey and Cat Man,

I don't want to start a new post over this, but did the RS-1 come with dynamic brakes?

just bought some more nice models
1. three more ballast spoil trucks, top left
2. two more scrap metal trucks, top right
3. two guards vans, like a caboose only smaller, bottom left
4. one DCC ready Diesel multiple unit class 121
mynewpics.jpg

Nice shots guys!!...
here's a couple from previous week
1st one is Altoona yards on right, Huntingdon on left, Gallitzen tunnels in back,Horseshoe Curve just out of shot on upper right
2nd one is sand plant, Mapleton Bridge, Mt. Union to the right, East Broad Top off pic to the right..
Aerial views to show part of the size (that's about 2/3 of it)....and the coal wash plant on the dual gauge track (back walls boards just posed for photo) sorry didn't see the one guy laying down on the job....NOT THE BEST PLACE TO DO THAT!!! :(
And over all track plan (not exact)

Last edited by a moderator:
My weekend started of with a huge BANG!

I was done early with work today and had my cheap Sony camera with me and decided to try and catch some pics...:D ;)

Well I live in Florida and not a lot of action south of Tampa but the Tropicana line runs out of Bradenton thru Palmetto and on up. Anyways on that same line we have CSX running their road switchers delivering aggregates to 4 different cement companies in Palmetto. So I got lucky and then real lucky...

I am sorry I did not have my scanner so I do not know the name of this train is but we have here is a GP 40-2 and a GP 38-2 both CSX. They were bringing the aggregates to this local switcher and ....LO BEHOLD! An ALCO!
S-1 ALCO Switcher built in 1941 going strong!

While photographing all this I found myself talking with the engineers and got not a CAB ride but got to command this CLASS III loco in its yard! :eek: WOwsa! I was in la la land! :p What a day. Enjoy the pics sorry they are not GRANDE MAN style pics someday I will get to that level! :D

Thats it for now hope pics are ok...

the engineer had said for me to come back and bring my son for a ride...I will take him up om it! He told me about another foamer had passed thru a couple weeks ago and gave him a ride. I asked him if he let him drive he said "No"...I said why not? He said "He didnt even know what kind of loco this was!" The engineer was surprised on how I knew of ALCOs go figure! LOL

nice shot's Alcomotive, wish we had nice open railroads like that, they all have great big fences round them here

Thanks....we talked about that for a bit. It is so unfortunate that we have come to that. He told me right off and knowing who I was that I was a "safe guy" have around. I feel lucky to have had this expirience! for sure!

Kinda funny, the picture you have with the brake handles the one on top is upside down that from what it should be...wonder how they got it to do that, tourist railroad i worked for had that exact same brake stand and we could never have gotten the handle to do that LOL! sure looks like fun riding around on an old ALCo though.

Alcomotive looks like seventh heaven ! And Steve , Cheesie & Carey really good modeling shots !!!!!

Kinda funny, the picture you have with the brake handles the one on top is upside down that from what it should be...wonder how they got it to do that, tourist railroad i worked for had that exact same brake stand and we could never have gotten the handle to do that LOL! sure looks like fun riding around on an old ALCo though.

The handles do come off. The upper would be the engine brake. The lower the train brake. Why they have the engine brake upside down is a good question.

NYC_George

83 degrees today so it was outside for some shot's

this is class 09 in Mainline blue with 8 ballast spoil wagons, these are used during engineering work to remove any scrap material from site
P4140037.jpg

and the guards brake van on the rear
P4140038.jpg

and my BLI NW2 sunning itself
P4140052.jpg

and SD40T-2 taking a break
P4140049.jpg

That's all folks

and a few more why not,
another variation on the 20 ton brake van
P4140068.jpg

some more new wagons behind the green one
P4140063.jpg

a Railfreight distribution wagon
P4140066.jpg

not easy to see on this model but the wheel's are metal and have been done in flat black except on the flanges and look very realistic
P4140067.jpg

Back