Free To A Good Home

fcwilt

I am replacing 40 or so of these:

http://www.dccconcepts.com/index_files/Cobalt_turnout_motor.htm

I had problems with them sticking in one position or the other. A good whack would get them moving again. The maker said they had a bad batch and sent me some replacements and some new cases for the guts of the existing ones (it was supposed to be a problem with the case).

Some of them never failed but I had lost faith in them so decided to replace them.

My layout is automated and reliability is very important - couldn't very well run around giving a unit a whack when it stuck in the middle of an automated session.

So some are brand new in the box, some have been removed from the layout. Everything that came with them is going with them EXCEPT for the mounting screws of the installed ones as I re-used the screws on the replacement units.

If anybody is interested send me a prepaid shipping label (FedEx or UPS) and they will be on the way to you.

I could take the time to count how many units I actually have - if anyone is interested at all. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

The units were spoken for and have been shipped - turns out I had a total of 82 units (24 new, 58 likely used).

Thanks to all the other folks for the interest.

On the bright side I finished installing all of the new Tortoise units and they are working fine - they are much quieter - at least subjectively.

Back