Foto Fun June 8

krazyloader

Spartanburg & Western RR
I guess I'll start the weekend. My Spartanburg & Western Railroad in the beginning stages.

Looking good there Keith! I'll post pictures tomorrow after I do some priming. I've been working had on project now for the past few weeks, so I can knock some off.

Some miscellanious pictures.
img1543yl3.jpg

img1910xe0.jpg

img1708ir2.jpg

img5791qx3.jpg

-Smoke

Great start, The black and yellow go very well together Keith
Smoke that is a VERY well weathered Popsicle car, very nice

11am here and we just got back from some railfanning,
first is Pacific 71000 en route to collect a 13 coach train further up the line
P6090125.jpg

and the more normal form of transit
P6090123.jpg

Then a quick dash 6 miles to another line for another Pacific 6201 and a green comuter train
P6090129.jpg

P6090131.jpg

P6090132.jpg

No way we could get to Manchester to see another steam hauled fan trip, maybe tonight i'll see it

awesome pics steve! I need to ask a question though,
Are the steam locos "working" ie: part of everyday life OR are they more for tourists attractions such as "dinner train" ?

small trainshow

Again nice/beautiful pictures everyone!! Thanks!

We, NSpoor Zuid limburg, had a small trainshow last weekend. (Only our Nscale module layout...).
Here are some pictures of the Module layout.

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Big dog the trains are working trains, I.E. they earn there keep from main line hire, most work steam specials, others work as part of the normal summer timetable like in parts of Scotland, the diesel is substituted for steam. The steam loco i went on a week or so back did a ballast train from a quarry, what it was made for in the first place. have a look at the link at the bottom of this page "steam hauled trains in the UK" and you will see just how many there are

Josh look's like you are going to be busy
Josthat's a fine layout, nothing wrong with a modular layout.
Kieth the pick up truck's spot on, and a nice weathered excavator

Last edited by a moderator:
WOA!! Nicely Done guys!!!!

Krazyloader: you started it up nicely. Keep us updated
Smoke: Sweet weathering, and model and scenery
Steve B: Great proto shot. I wish I could be there
Jbbakko: Nicely done
Grove Den: Sweeeeeeet! Great scenery, great trains. Really like the high-speed passenger trains (and catenary). All N scale? WOW!

I've been, and continue to be busy, but I did manage a few shots today:

Weathered Hoppers:

200769203832_Hopp.JPG

Finally found out the designation for this one:

CPR FP9A 1401 (Out of service providign parts to another CPR FP9A

200769203441_FP1.JPG

200769203535_FP11.JPG

That's it for now

That's an SD50F "Taper Draper" built by EMD in the late 1970's-Early 1980's. They're unique to canadian roads. The design concept was a cowl unit with rearward visibility. The cowl unit design was favored by canadian crews as a warm way to maintain the engine in winter.

That's an SD50F "Taper Draper" built by EMD in the late 1970's-Early 1980's. They're unique to canadian roads. The design concept was a cowl unit with rearward visibility. The cowl unit design was favored by canadian crews as a warm way to maintain the engine in winter.
No, its not. SD50F's & SD60F's were CN units.

Thats an EMD SD40-2F, sometimes also referred to as an SD40F-2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_SD40-2F

Back