Foter Fun Two-Twenty-Three

Thanks, everyone! So many knights here! I appreciate your quick response.

Yeah, the layout is coming along. I need to learn a new level of detailing, so there is much to do yet. It is comforting knowing that there are so many others who can help out with something that is new..and that they are willing.

Now, a question...the photo icon at the top of the text box...how does that work? I clicked on it last night hoping that it would open a dialogue and be intituitive, but all it did was do a quarter shade dimming of the whole page, and then nada.

-Crandell

P.S. -I can see that I will have to keep learning if I want to keep up to this crowd.

REX IT's HERE;) :p ;)

P POP did you go to a train show, I'm surprised to see a GBRF 66 over there.
Crandell great work on the railroad

A bit of re decorating the sky today
P2250027.jpg

And some basic ground cover added, Jos don't worry tree's are growing
P2250030.jpg

P2250031.jpg

P2250029.jpg

;) ;) :p ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holey Moley! I am sure happy that I had a translater to help my feeble brain find this place today.:D :D Man, you guys have out done yourself this weekend...from Thailand to U.K. Makes me proud to be here.

(I'll get'cha Steve!:D :D )

That is really a great photo, very good viewpoint and I had to do something with it:

regards,

René

René, Holy Smoke! Thank-you so much for doing that, and for your kind compliment. Improving the original was compliment enough, believe me. I really appreciate this.:)

It adds a whole nuther dimension to my backdrop...such as it is. :eek:

-Crandell

Umm, yeah, I see what you mean, Ed, about the lack of a fence. I'll work on that over the spring while I add some detailing here and there. I don't imagine the yard master is pleased with me...

-Crandell

Splended foter Fun Two Twenty-Three!!!
thanks all of you!! My contribution comes tomorrow...so actualy not in the weekend...
I cannot help it...it has to do with : start with: tr, and ends with: ees;)
BTW SteveB I don't worry about it: he he just look at the attached picture:p

Jos

I think it will be impossible to beat my first photo, especially after the vast improvement imparted by Rene (sorry, can't get an accent onto the page). Maybe in time. In any event, it is still the weekend, so I will add a couple more photos, not nearly as well lit or focused. :rolleyes: And, yes, still my home version of a backdrop.

ack.jpg

That is a Fast Tracks handlaid #8 Code 100 in the fuzzy foreground. If you think my backdrop is iffy, you should see how I control the turnout...:eek: It's a wooden bell-crank, and there's no craftsmanship in that sucker. It works, that's about all I can say for it.

acl.jpg

BTW, I couldn't resist the temptation...I used real creosote oil to stain the trestle. I think I need help.

Bridge

REX IT's HERE;) :p ;)

P POP did you go to a train show, I'm surprised to see a GBRF 66 over there.
Crandell great work on the railroad

A bit of re decorating the sky today
P2250027.jpg

And some basic ground cover added, Jos don't worry tree's are growing
P2250030.jpg

P2250031.jpg

P2250029.jpg

;) ;) :p ;) ;)

Nice bridge, but I think it would look better if a train was crossing it.

NYC_George

Well, I rebuilt the Hoist House with board and batton styrene. Styrene is a lot easier to work with wood frame with steel.

traincity99k.gif

traincity99i.gif

traincity99j.gif

Yes Chip, I agree,and it already looks much better now!
Still looks great those end 1800/start1900centurie pictures in the wild wild west......

Thanks Jos, Crandell, everyone.

Josh,

You got me. I'm confused.

Ray,

It took me a while to notice the pole. Good work. It gives me hope because I have a drain pie running through the layout. Any idea how to hide the noise of a flushing toilet and then the water running down the pipe?

You know what to me is most convincing from your pictures of Seneca Lake, it's that post fence running parallel to the track. It pulls your attention just enough to take the backdrop out of focus.

Grape vines are cool too.

George,

Too bad about that little bridge. I hope you gave it a good Gomez Adams send off.

Tom,

I really like that water tower.

The E unit in the tunnel looks good as well.

Steve,

The Duke is cool, but that Railbus is wild. That would be a cool train to model --especially at one of those shows you always go to. It would be a real show stopper.

It's been a while since you've posted pictures of your layout. Is that first one with the rail layers one you've shown before from the other direction--the one where you changed all the trackage?

I can't say I ever seen wide shots of your layout. I agree with Crandell, that bridge is awesome.

Eric,

You must have an understanding wife--unless of course you broke her in with the 53 Chevy on blocks, the rusted John Deer, and 63 Corvair that you are restoring.

Johnny,

That CR came out nice.

Bob

You do work on the club layout, paint cabeese for strangers off the street. I figure you layout has been done for a decade or so.

Crandell,

That is a really well composed scene. You can look at it for a while and get lost. (SD, the Photoshop version is pretty good too. I can understand why you took the time to do it.)

I can't imagine stinking up my layout with creosote.

About the backdrop. It serves it's purpose--it's not there to attract the eye, but rather to expand the illusion. Make the backdrop better by designing to catch the attention on the layout. That said, as you develop the landscape add similar (but faded) colors to the backdrop.

P_Pop

Looks like a fun time.

John,

You keep building on that layout and you are going to have to...should I say it...expand.

Larry,

You have one of the most interesting collections of engines in the most interesting paint schemes of anyone I know.

Mouse,

I like the wood better. It will look even better once you paint and weather it. What are you waiting for?

Bob

You do work on the club layout, paint cabeese for strangers off the street. I figure you layout has been done for a decade or so.

The caboose (if I do it) will be done inside the restaurant on a full wall. And yeah we're still building the clubs layout. All the pictures on my gallery were done in the past year. It was a bare earth painted foam topped bench work when I joined last Feb.(I missed all the carpentry work :) ). As for me alone I built 5 layouts in my homes over the years and helped on 3 for others.

Why Thank You, Mouse! When I get the rest of the scenery in front of the lake finished, it should be even more "background" in nature and serve its purpose well. In the business we call your sound problem Dirt Floor......:D That's the sound that is there under the sounds you want. The only way to solve the problem is to increase the signal to noise ratio thereby reducing the percentage of dirt in the mix. In other words, I suggest you turn the sound up all the way on your steamers and you won't notice the dirt (shall we say) going down the drain.....:eek: :rolleyes: :p

BTW, I love the work you are doing on the Old West town. Scratch building is fun, isn't it!

Chip The Duke is an awesome machine, it's a three cylinder engine with rotary valves driven from a camshaft, the sound is very sharp, not like a standard engine, it's also very fast and powerfull. The scene with the men on is now history, there's nothing much to photograph on my new one yet except benchwork and the central peninsular which is almost complete. The railbus will possibly be modeled by Bachmann, they do a wide range of UK models in OO gauge.
Ray When can we expect some grape's on the vines, could make a nice batch of wine with those, if you brew it nice and S-L-O-W, Mmmmm

Jos nice artist impresion of how the tree's will look

Can't help it: more trees

Last week someone ordered me to make some big old , by the elements of weather tortued, oaktrees in scale HO.
So I started( between the drawing) to make the trunk of the old tree by collecting some branches and roots of real trees. I made these parts in the right length and glued them together to a very big trunk with many tall branches. Some of them are broken by storms or just because they were to old...I glued the branches of course with white glue. After the frame was ready I made the smaller branches out of wires( the green one from the flowershop: 0,3 and 0,4 mm) These branches of wires were painted with primer to avoid corrosie of the wires. Next stap was to give the "wired" branches som bark. I do this with very fine sawdust and white glue. To model older/bigger branches I repeat this procedure several times to give it more volume. Of course I bend the branches in the right position before I add the sawdust/white glue!!
Than the whole tree will get some(much!) paint out of a spraycan, so it will have a basic color.
So far my story about it, next week I hope to show some more pictures of it

Jos

Back