Foter Fun Two-Twenty-Three

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Couple three gents moved into the boardin' house. Don't know their names yet.

traincity99d.gif

And out back of the Flattened Penny Saloon, Pappy pulls on his pipe while talking to the feller known only as "The Scout-Master."

traincity99e.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, lets see how many people are confused by this...

Bonus Value is here (a BN fluted side gondola project), Pic:
DSC01362.JPG

I actually feel like I have accomplished something this week. I took a bunch of photos of some of the new scenery, but only one came out good enough to show. I will take more of the lakeside property and a new business in town tomorrow and post more then.

The view of Seneca Lake looking over some farmland back in 1925. Even a small vineyard in the making......
AcrossSenecaLake02W.png

Chip, nice work on the new Lilliputians - you hand-painted each of them, right?

Josh, that gon would look great in my mill!:D

Ray - I didn't notice until a few minutes later that Seneca Lake is painted directly onto the wall - lookin' good!

Since my trainroom's a mess [again] I don't have any pix to share tonite. The photos I took of the Severna Park MRR Club still need to be "cleaned-up", and I promised the club president that I'd let him review them since they're for my SMRR mag article [he wants to protect the Club's image y'know...]

The bridge is no longer on the layout. It had to be taken out to make way for a wider radus track and longer trains. I didn't want to spend the time to rebuild it.

NYC_George

hudson_on_wood_bridge_2.jpg

Chip
The buildings and setting look great!

Josh
Neat shot!

Ray
Looking good!

NYC_George
Great shot!

My custom lettered IHC L&NE 2-6-0 Camel back is bring in my next weathering projects.
Interchange_2007_01_002a.jpg

Athearn/Roundhouse/John Deer 30’ Flat Cars with Tractors
Interchange_2007_01_003a.jpg

Interchange_2007_01_004a.jpg

Roundhouse Old Time NYO&W Reefer
Interchange_2007_01_005a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse Old Time Sun Oil Tank Car. This is a friend’s car that I am weathering.
Interchange_2007_01_006a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse custom painted and decaled L&NE NE caboose
Interchange_2007_01_007a.jpg

Great pictures everyone.

Just got in from some 12" scale watching at Preston

This is 4-6-2 pacific 71000 "Duke of Gloucester"
waiting to collect an excursion going to Carlisle via the cumbrian coast

P2240006.jpg

P2240002.jpg

P2240005.jpg

The class 47 diesel brought the train in
P2240009.jpg

P2240011.jpg

P2240014.jpg

and the duke about to depart with the 14 coach train and the diesel on the back as insurance
P2240019.jpg

And this is a new class 185 railbus we went home on, very bright colours but a very good reliable quiet train
P2240025.jpg

Great pics everyone! :cool:

We went back and salvaged the remainder of the TC&I signal on Red Mountain yesterday. 1:1 scale signals are a lot of work! I still can't believe we hauled the whole thing out in two trips with my Toyota truck!

There was also a unique switch stand hiding in the woods near the signal. The latest patent date on it is 1911. Dirt had been piled around it years ago, so we dug down enough to cut the trasfer bar (points) and pulled it out with the truck. It took Alex, myself, a come along and some serious grunting to get it loaded into the truck.

Please forgive the colors on some of the pics. It was getting late so I had to use the delayed flash.

This first view shows the lampstand clearly. The lock is still in place, but the handle was broken off. I need to go back and see if the handle can be found. It should be able to be straightened. Note the mast and battery cabinet for the signal in the background.
TCI_007_edited.jpg

TCI_005_edited.jpg

Could you guys show me a pic of a working switch stand? I'm interested how they work?

Ken.

Hey All Nice Pictures , Chip, Josh , Ray, Tom , Steve , ERic, Steve love that shot of your kids waiting for the train !

Switch Stand

Ken here's another picture of a old switch stand , There not to many of these in use anymore !!!

Great Pics! Love the graphics on the 185 rail bus...cool to see some custom work make it to rolling stock...over here the only way it makes it on a train is by vandals...lol...And grande man, That's a unique project to take on!..allot different work involved in real scale than HO when it comes to painting and detailing!! Especially wrestling it around! Good Luck with that!...I would like to see a few shots once its underway.

Back