Forum newbie in H-Town

Frisco BN

Hi all.....

I've been into trains most of my life and was in the hobby back in the early 90's.

All of my stuff just came out of the boxes about a month and a half ago and since then, I've been buying more stuff in preparation of building a layout.

I hope to start building here in the next month or two and I know I can get some great advice from all of you, so here I am.

I grew up in Springfield Mo., so you can only guess that I'm a big Frisco head. The main idea of the layout will be the Springfield to Memphis run, with the sizable yard being in Missouri.

I'm thinking I can pull off a 10' x 16' area with an island in the middle. I just started putting pencil to paper on some really rough track plans. I'm looking to run some decent size trains...30-40 cars. Hopefully you all will chime in with ideas once the sketch is complete.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the being a part of the forum.
F-BN

Welcome back to the hobby... I am pretty interested to see what you come up with. Sounds like it will be awesome!

Welcome to MRF. Hope you find answers to your questions that you may have.

BTW - You still live Springfield? If so I'm right down the road, Ft Leonard Wood. It would be great to see/talk to someone local.

Welcome back to the hobby... I am pretty interested to see what you come up with. Sounds like it will be awesome!

Thanks for the welcome....hopefully the layout will turn out the way I picture it in my head....but does that ever really happen?.....LOL.

Welcome to MRF. Hope you find answers to your questions that you may have.

BTW - You still live Springfield? If so I'm right down the road, Ft Leonard Wood. It would be great to see/talk to someone local.

Thanks...I will have some questions, no doubt.
I spent the first 21 years of my life in Springfield, and now I've been in Houston TX for 24.
I still make it up there at least one a year.

Glad to meet you and welcome to this forum. Many of us have returned to the hobby after a long period of time. BTW: Daughter and family live in the Woodlands ;).

Back