For Laughs if nothing else

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Today a Yahoo mail I struck it rich again an offer I just couldn't turn down this time.

zakaria mark009 <zakaria_mark009@hotmail.com> wrote:

DEAR,

I AM THE HEAD OF ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT DEPARTMENT OF BANK OF AFRICA,
OUAGADOUGOU . I DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU AFTER A CAREFUL THOUGHT THAT YOU MAY
BE CAPABLE OF HANDLING THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION WHICH I EXPLAINED BELOW;

IN MY DEPARTMENT WE DISCOVERED AN ABANDONED SUM OF $30M US DOLLARS (THARTY
MILLION US DOLLARS). IN AN ACCOUNT THAT BELONGS TO
ONE OF OUR FOREIGN CUSTOMER WHO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY IN 2001 IN
A PLANE CRASH. SINCE WE GOT INFORMATION ABOUT HIS DEATH, WE HAVE BEEN
EXPECTING HIS NEXT OF KIN TO COME OVER AND CLAIM HIS MONEY BECAUSE WE CANNOT
RELEASE IT UNLESS SOMEBODY APPLIES FOR IT AS NEXT OF KIN OR RELATION TO THE
DECEASED AS INDICATED IN OUR BANKING GUIDELINES.
BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE LEARNT THAT HIS SUPPOSED NEXT OF KIN(HIS SON AND WIFE)
DIED ALONGSIDE WITH HIM AT THE PLANE CRASH LEAVING NOBODY BEHIND FOR THE
CLAIM .

IT IS THEREFORE UPON THIS DISCOVERY THAT I AND OTHER OFFICIALS IN MY
DEPARTMENT NOW DECIDED TO MAKE THIS BUSINESS PROPOSAL TO YOU AND RELEASE THE
MONEY TO YOU AS THE NEXT OF KIN (WE WANT TO PRESENT YOU AS HIS BUSINES
ASOCIATE )TO THE DECEASED FOR SAFETY AND SUBSEQUENT DISBURSEMENT SINCE
NOBODY IS COMING FOR IT AND WE DON'T WANT THIS MONEY TO GO INTO THE BANK
TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED BILL.

THE BANKING LAW AND GUIDELINE HERE STIPULATES THAT IF SUCH MONEY REMAINED
UNCLAIMED AFTER SEVEN YEARS, THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED INTO THE BANK
TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED FUND. THE REQUEST OF FOREIGNER AS NEXT OF KIN IN THIS
BUSINESS IS OCCASIONED BY THE FACT THAT THE CUSTOMER WAS A FOREIGNER AND A
BURKINABE CANNOT STAND AS NEXT OF KIN TO A FOREIGNER .

WE AGREE THAT 30% OF THIS MONEY WILL BE FOR YOU AS FOREIGN PARTNER, IN
RESPECT TO THE PROVISION OF A FOREIGN ACCOUNT, 10 % WILL BE SET ASIDE FOR
EXPENSES INCURRED DURING THE BUSINESS AND 60% WOULD BE FOR ME AND MY
COLLEAGUES.

THERE AFTER I AND MY COLLEAGUES WILL VISIT YOUR COUNTRY FOR DISBURSEMENT
ACCORDING TO THE PERCENTAGES INDICATED.

THEREFORE TO ENABLE THE IMMEDIATE TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS
ARRANGED,YOU MUST APPLY FIRST TO THE BANK AS NEXT OF KIN OF THE DECEASED
CUSTOMER. UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR REPLY, I WILL SEND TO YOU BY FAX OR EMAIL THE
TEXT OF THE APPLICATION.

I WILL NOT FAIL TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS HITCH FREE
AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENTERTAIN ANY ATOM OF FEAR AS ALL REQUIRED
ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR THE TRANSFER.

I EXPECT THAT YOU CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER.

HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
ZAKARIA MARA

And my reply Zakaria

DEAR, ZAKARIA MARA
Yezz I want to win duh jakpot. I feal me berry kapible uf bizzniss trainzaktion.
Jiz sen mohre of de tails
Tankin you fer kornziderin me fir diss hoffer, you doan no how much I preciates id
Pliz sen mohre uff de tails

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
DEAR

I wonder if he'll answer :D

es ist mein völliger Ernst würdet mögen zu steigen in an diesem Tag vorsetzen.
ICH könnt Verwendung die Draht
Danke

Last edited by a moderator:
send me the email address! I will spam them saying my dear brother and entire family died and I want the money!

DEAR, ZAKARIA MARA
Yezz I want to win duh jakpot. I feal me berry kapible uf bizzniss trainzaktion.
Jiz sen mohre of de tails
Tankin you fer kornziderin me fir diss hoffer, you doan no how much I preciates id
Pliz sen mohre uff de tails

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
DEAR
Oh my that's funny. That took a while to read.

LOL LOL LOL ROFLOL ....tears......gut hurts now....LOL....cheeks hurts now....LOL oh goodness that hurt...LOL:D :D Need to add new smileys ADMINISTRATOR for LAUGHING....pleaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeee! LOL ow LOL.................

send me the email address! I will spam them saying my dear brother and entire family died and I want the money!
Thar yuh go David and anyone else who wants to. Use a hotmail or yahoo email for your own good though.

"zakaria mark009" <zakaria_mark009@hotmail.com>"

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

OH! OH! should have done this before but just thought of it now. A Warning especially for our younger members not to do as I did, and it could be risky for some of our more mature members. I'd like to point out these spoofing letters are from organized crime rings usually located in Nigeria although they have been located in European countries and the British Isles (with Nigerians running the scam) It has also spread to North American cities. So Unless you are 100% sure you can't be traced don't do what I've done. Should there be any more to laugh at I'll post somewhat differently.

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

I use to get those letters from Africa all the time before I got a Spam Blocker from my ISP. I hadn't seen one of those for about 3 years. Spam Blockers really help.

Hi Larry,I don't get them from my ISP email they come to me on the Yahoo mail. However I do get the odd phisher wanting my account stuff, but the funniest part is I don't have accounts at the banks they say I have
But these jack As*** from Africa I think I'll just waste a bit of their time for fun.

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

Yeah I posted on here about a year ago about some guy who sent a lot of money over to Africa to some woman to come to the US. Well he got taken for 35 grand before the love of his life told him adios amigo !

...but the funniest part is I don't have accounts at the banks they say I have
But these jack As*** from Africa I think I'll just waste a bit of their time for fun.

They don't sit down and write a personal email to you...they write one letter and send it to millions upon millions of email addresses, in hopes that somebody will fall for it, so it's very unlikely they'll ever mention a bank you use, or a bank that actually exists for that matter :rolleyes:

I would actually recommend NOT replying to any of the emails you receive. First of all, it's unlikely that they will actually read them, and second of all, you will receive more spam as a result of it. It's the same deal with those "click here to unsubscribe" links in spam emails....all that does is tell them that your email address is active and monitored, so they can share your address with all of their spam-sending friends.

Your best bet is to just delete them. You can try spam blockers, but I've always found that it blocked legitimate email too. Yes, it's a pain in the neck, but it's a reality faced by 99% of everyone with an email address. I didn't get any spam for the first year or so after I got an account with my ISP. Now that I've had my email set up on this computer for just over a year, I have a list of over 1800 spammers and somewhere around 5000 deleted junk emails.

I'm trying to figure out a slick way to blacklist email addresses without having to whitelist legitimate addresses (I receive lots of emails from new customers and I certainly don't want to block those). If anyone's using something like this, please share!

Here's the list of spammers I have accumulated thanks to Outlook...feel free to add them to your blocked senders list :)

Hi Larry,I don't get them from my ISP email they come to me on the Yahoo mail. However I do get the odd phisher wanting my account stuff, but the funniest part is I don't have accounts at the banks they say I have

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

Hi Willis..I get letters from banks as well..Also from E-bay and Pay Pal advising me to upgrade my account or some such thing including a"disputed" sale.
I closed my E bay account in 2005 and never had a Pay Pal account..I to old of a catfish to be hooked by "phishers".I just laugh and delete the mail.

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

Its interesting that these "letters" are still being sent out after all the years they've been around, and all the warnings from law enforcement and the like.

They are known as "419" letters, based on the Nigerian Law Code that makes this kind of action illegal.

If you want to read the "expolits" of some really good scambaiters, go to
http://www.419eater.com/ where you will LYAO at these people. Visit the "Trophy Room" while there and see some of the pictures of the scammers the baiters got them to pose for. Be sure to read some of the emails in the "Letter Archive" for complete stories on the scams the baiters did to the scammers.

All in all a very good and funny site, but do read the warnings posted.

Its interesting that these "letters" are still being sent out after all the years they've been around, and all the warnings from law enforcement and the like.

They are known as "419" letters, based on the Nigerian Law Code that makes this kind of action illegal.

If you want to read the "expolits" of some really good scambaiters, go to
http://www.419eater.com/ where you will LYAO at these people. Visit the "Trophy Room" while there and see some of the pictures of the scammers the baiters got them to pose for. Be sure to read some of the emails in the "Letter Archive" for complete stories on the scams the baiters did to the scammers.

All in all a very good and funny site, but do read the warnings posted.

Carey,
Thank you so much for that link! I have just spent a couple of hours reading one of the email exchanges between a "would be scammer" and the man who turn the tables on him. Too funny! I have the site bookmarked and plan to read more.

Toward the end, I almost started feeling sorry for the guy. Then I remembered that he is usually on the scamming end of things and has milked many people of their hard earned money.

The one I read was titled "Busted" and though it wasn't really "kid friendly" near the end it was hillarious. It's nice to see someone giving this scum of the earth a taste of their own medicine. And if nothing else, getting to see Nigerians doing Monty Python on a low budget video was worth the visit.:D

Dave

Back