Following a train through the Sierras

tamvalleyrr

Her are some pictures of the Sierras section on my Tam Valley Railroad (http://www.tamvalleyrr.com). First is a picture of an SD45T-2 making its way upgrade in the Sierras on the Tam Valley RR. Next is the same train crossing over a high bridge - Donner Lake in the background. We catch the train later from below. In the last image, the dry grass shows it is summer.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Duncan McRee

Terrific work! You've really captured the 'feel' of the Sierras up around Donner Pass with your scenery. For a moment there, I thought I was looking at an actual photo of one of the two high bridges up around Big Bend! :D

I'm REALLY impressed!

Tom

Very nice work indeed. Having spent many a day chasing trains in that area, you've done a great job of catching the feel and look of the pass. The SP units have just right grimy look of their last days in service. Excellent photography as well.

More photos on the oher side

Here's some pictures of the SD45T2's after they have crossed over the summit and are moving along the Truckee River.

Duncan

More photos on the other side of Donner Pass

Here's some pictures of the SD45T2's after they have crossed over the summit and are moving downgrade along the Truckee River. The bridge is a model of the bridge over the Little Truckee at Boca. Finally we pull into the station at Elko around sunset.

Duncan

Very nice. I know exactly where that bridge is, just before the turnoff from I-80 to Boca Reservoir. Great job reproducing the look.

Duncan--

Again, some really great shots and modeling. I grew up around Truckee, and spent my college summers working for the Forest Service in that area. You captured Boca just perfectly. Lovely work, it brings back some really fond memories of that area.

Tom :D

...And on through Palisade Canyon...

Here are a couple of pictures showing the newly completed Palisade Canyon of the Humboldt River area. I just put the bridge in yesterday and ran the first trains over today. The Tam valley RR trackwork is now complete! Just have to finish the scenery of the Ogden yard area :)

Good job modeling the Palisades area, especially the coloring, which is really hard to get right. That lead tunnel motor look like it's been reengineered by Alco though. :)

There is always something that gets to me seeing Locomotives going over bridges! Great stuff!

Back