Florida Railroad Bunch

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Is there anyone in my area besides Alcomotive that would like to get together for a train session early next year?

Larry

Is there anyone in my area besides Alcomotive that would like to get together for a train session early next year?

Larry

My son and I might be able too if work allows:) I ain't got no HO stuffs though:( other than a couple of pieces! Florida Rail Gang or FRoG!LOL's

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you guys make it on a 3-day weekend, I'll load up the old motor scooter and zip down for the weekend. :)

100_0230-1.png

i would be more than happy to oblige! That SP unit it a good one...

I left it stock...Figured it might be worth something someday? LOL's It's a pretty unit! I'll get some pic's of it some day! May be some one's got the Olympic Passenger cars to go be hind it:confused::rolleyes:

I have enough engines for everyone to run, but I'm only DC. I can run 4 trains at a time w/2 engineers. My train rooms big enough for a large campout if the ARG wants to come.
I also have enough projects on my layout to keep everyone busy for a cpl. months. LOL

I was the 1st person in south Fla. to set up a High School reunion for 200 people in Melbourne for my High School that I went to in Miami. So, if you-all want to use my layout, look for Fossils on Peace River, see other layouts in my area, Come On Down.
I live in a stilt house & have plenty of room under the house. Bring your sleeping bag.
I'm w/in 5 miles of a large campground & can get special rates because I'm friends w/the owner. We have one of the largest downtown antique districts in the state & weekly sidewalk sales. Usually the weathers fine year around(most times). I have 4 RV parks w/in 2 miles of my house & live 1 block off US Hwy.17.
Anyone want my personnal email, just PM me on this forum.
Let's get this rolling if you're interested.

Larry

Larry, glad to see you getting active in this. With all the fun and the enjoyment of meeting each other, I have never understood why more guys in the same region don't have a meet like the ARG. With our group, several will bring guests that end up being regulars.

Chris, I love the added touch to the name FRoG's. What happens when you step on a FRoG......it goes, ARG!!! :D

Jerome, nice ride!

Hey, between Rex's trailer and my motorhome, we could make a weekend of it one of these days. Maybe the South will rise again. :)

Jim, that's my everyday driver. Just over 2 years old with 61,000 miles on it. It doesn't sit still very often. :)

My family and I are thinking going to do that dinner train http://www.semgulf.com/ one day down that way! Now that would be a cool first FRoG Meet and Greet! LarryHow close are you to it? I got to recoop from Christmas spending and Check with the wife and We might be able to do that late January mid Febuary!

Last edited by a moderator:
My family and I are thinking going to do that dinner train http://www.semgulf.com/ one day down that way! Now that would be a cool first FRoG Meet and Greet! LarryHow close are you to it? I got to recoop from Christmas spending and Check with the wife and We might be able to do that late January mid Febuary!

Chris, That's about 50 miles south of me. That Dinner Train use to run to Arcadia before the tracks got so bad. There's a Wye here & thats where the engine switched ends.
Sooner or later we will all get together. It takes more than a month to set things up for a meet sometimes. The way the economy is, it's hard to just drop everything & hope you have a job when you get back home.

Larry

Jerome, nice ride!

Hey, between Rex's trailer and my motorhome, we could make a weekend of it one of these days. Maybe the South will rise again. :)

At one time long ago my family came from Alabama & then they ended up in Kentucky & Indiana & me in South Florida.

Larry

I left it stock...Figured it might be worth something someday? LOL's It's a pretty unit! I'll get some pic's of it some day! May be some one's got the Olympic Passenger cars to go be hind it:confused::rolleyes:
I tried to snag this one from Chris many years ago. He said something about "...my cold dead fingers around it", so I don't think he's going to part with it...;)

Back