flex to snap

ho southern

Ive been modeling for a while on and off. I have the HO layout of the Central Midland. A bursted water pipe a few months back has putme and the layout in a mess with track and cork warping and twisting. I have thought about using something like bachman flex track. Just take it all up and redo it.. I know lots of work but i am not enjoying it at present time either. Appreciate any idea comments thanks

G'day ....I used Bachmann EZ track for a fair while...but haven't tried their flex track....I have used Atlas (still am) Flextrack and that is fine..There are pros and cons for both. The beauty of snap track is the ease of changes but cons are of course limitations to how realistic you can be..as you'd already know.
I slightly prefer Flex...despite the soldering etc...but for temporary or movable layouts that need to be occasionally assembled or dis-assenmbled ..there is nothing like snap track....Cheers Rod..

I've only used the atlas flex track so can't offer anything about the bachmann . I can only suggest remove what you have and replace and get back in the game.

I agree with Lynn, pull what you have up and start over with better/more realistic track. I too favor flex track and while I have not used Bachmann Flex, I have used both Atlas and Peco, pulling up all of my Atlas track in preference to the Peco Track.

As Rodney stated, flex track is going to be more realistic than the snap track BUT both have their advantages and disadvantages. My thoughts are if you are going to get back into the hobby, then start out with good track at least and go from there. Prices don't differ to much either so there is not really any cost advantage one way or the other - just quality and realism.

Back