Fisher Stove & Range Co.

twforeman

Certified Great Northern Nut
This is actually the Right On Track Models kit of Empire Stove and Range, but I didn't like the signs they provided and I wanted to change the name.

Here is a photo of the sign I came up with. I haven't permanently attached it yet and I need to decide whether it's going to be a decal or whether I'll try the "sand the back down" method of attachment.

(Click the image for bigger)

Thoughts? Opinions?

Me too sand it down! Always thought that was trick! Haven't done it myself, what to though..... I think it would look good on that building!

Agreed with Dave. My first thought was "frame it, and have it standing at an angle in the corner."

fisher.JPG

Power point

If your going to hang it on the outside , you might want to frame it . I guess it depends on whether their "renting " or own the building. If they own it , decal it ,if renting hang it on the outside , so when the rent gets to high , you can chuck it in the back of the truck and take to the new location .

I know its a pain in the butt, but I know for me, going through several iterations can get a better looking end result.

What software are you using for the signs? My two favorites are MS Excel and Power Point

I know its a pain in the butt, but I know for me, going through several iterations can get a better looking end result.

What software are you using for the signs? My two favorites are MS Excel and Power Point
I'm using Inkscape - an SVG editor. I also use Gimp for raster/photo work. Both are open source tools. Inkscape is an open source copy of Adobe Illustrator and Gimp is an open source copy of Photoshop.

I don't mind making multiple iterations. I think it's kind of fun.

I'm also trying to use fonts that would have been used pre-1958. Tony Thompson has written a few good blog posts about using era appropriate fonts.

Back