First Post...and Photos!

I grew up in Southern Ohio, near Jackson...which was, for all intents and purposes, the southern hub of the DT&I.

This evening I worked on weathering that water tower...here's a couple of photos, as well as random others...I tried to get them lit better for you!

CIMG1910.jpg

CIMG1912.jpg

CIMG1914.jpg

CIMG1920.jpg

CIMG1926.jpg

Very Very Good, Shaun (thanks for the light:D ). I am jealous that you found use of a 90deg crossing. I bought one, two years ago, and never have been able to design one in...want to buy one, hahahaha!

That overgrown track was quite the challenge! It is, afterall, a small layout, so the track had to be operational, and I wanted to look like it was used infrequently...so that's what I came up with! The branch where the 90 degree crossing is will be sceniced when I build the frame for the layout, and will be fully interlocked with signals. I received my decorative street lights today for the stores and depot...pictures to come soon!

great "start"

Shaun: those pics are great and of course the layout too! Man that's a dream start in this great forum.
About the 90 degree crossing:I think I found one on a part of Rex's layout, or what's left of it..?? lol

Jos

spoiled

Shaun: The streetlamps and stationlamps looking great as well as your pictures.:eek:
Ha ha don't show to much of them and left something for the coming months....otherwise we get spoiled to much:D

Jos

Shaun, the street lights really make your layout come alive. If you don't mind sharing, what is your method for connection to the power under the layout? That is always such a pain, I usually avoid adding more lighting to mine.:)

Oh, before I forget, we have a "weekend photo fun" (WPF) thread every weekend. Post anything: your best, your construction, your funnies, even prototype. Anything relative to MR. (and sometimes not:D )

I use a main bus wire under the layout and then those lights actually have a socket that you place in the buildings. Thelights pull right out...it's very handy! Thanks for all the comments! I'm thinking that will probably be it for pics for a while...I have to save some money back for the next project. My, how we have an expensive hobby!

Back