Finished up a CNR Box Car

twforeman

Certified Great Northern Nut
Even though I model the Great Northern, I still like to build and run rolling stock from other railroads that interests me. I try and collect cars that are from the correct era and that might have made it to my part of the country.

I bought this CNR car because it has a build date of 1951 and I like the logo. :)

It's a Branchline Blueprint Series 40' car.

It's in the same class as the Red Caboose and InterMountain models. Lots of small, fragile, molded parts.

I really do like that boxcar! I suspect it is very similar to the type I've ordered from Tichy, and am awaiting arrival of. I hope to finish those in much the same markings.
Yours looks very nice, indeed!

Bully for you! That is a nice looking build from back when roof walks (running boards) were in style along with cabooses.
I think GUY is in Love?

Yes I am! That boxcar looks like a pretty girl without make-up on; just my style. As soon as the graffiti criminals get to it, you'll have a women wearing make-up.

It's only 1958, so no graffiti on my box cars! It will get some weathering at some point though.

Great looking car!
But not so fast, you can still have graffiti on it but early graffiti as in chalk marks from hobos and railroad shops!
And yes some light weathering will really bring it to life!

Back