Find that locomotive!!!!

jbaakko said:
Yeah, but i guess i should leave it up to the contest thingy organizer to choose!

Jbaakko,

since there are two entries on ''free lanced pain sheme'', and since it is your description, I will let you choose.
let me know the winner, so I can add them to the H.O.F. (hall of fame) !!

By the way since my description has been won, here's my next description: Montana Rail Link loco, any model

I have always liked Rio Grande tunnel motors aka SD40T-2s.
The GN is a brass Tenshodo 2-10-2. Look for it on Ebay soon.

MRL entry

Here is my SD40-2XR, a rebuilt SD40, leading a BN unit under a coal loadout.

sheesh quick jump! Let both of em pic a topic that posted to my subject, then we'll have 3 things!

kjd said:

Are you selling it?????
If so, when will it apear & under what user name??
If you are selling it on eBay, I might have to take a look at it!! :D

kjd said:

Are you selling it?????
If so, when will it apear & under what user name??
If you are selling it on eBay, I might have to take a look at it!! :D

So, is Rio Grande tunnel moter your description?

kjd, since you won a second time, you can come up with another description!!

EASTONJ & HYRAIL5, you both won ''free lanced paint scheme, any type of equipment'', so you both get to choose a description!!!! :D

SInce MRL was won, here is my new description: Any equipment used on the Great Northern era OR Amtrak era Empire Builder route

Man, I'm automatically disqualified.
It takes me a couple months to get a rool of film used up, and a week to get it developed. Maybe I should go digital? After all, I calculated that even though I don't work, I have spent over $5000 on trains since I got my first good locomotive in 2001. And I'm an unemplyed student that gets money by mowing the lawn! Wow, I get off topic fast!
Matthew

My pick is:

Wisconsin Central SD45

Extra points for two or more in a consist or running long hood forward. :D

-Jeff

I'll hide out from the WC & Espee units right now, I and SD45 each sitting in front of me right now!

So summing up we are looking for:

DRGW SD40T-2
Empire Builder equipment
WC SD45
any SP locomotive

Greg Elems said:
Too bad I can't use my SP U25B. It's in S scale. :D

Greg

* You have to find and post a picture of the described locomotive, passenger car, or freight car.
* The picture must be of a model railroad, not the prototype.
* The picture has to be yours, not someone else's or one you found on the internet; in other words, it has to be taken by you
* the winner is the first one to post a picture of the locomotive ( or sometimes it may be a passenger car or a freight car).
* Once someone posts the winning picture, I will post a new desciption for everyone to find a picture of & so on

No scales requred here ;)

Neat, my RS-11 on the RRrr duely recorded after an operating session taken by me. :) This has been fun and thanks for letting me participate.

Greg

Greg Elems said:
Neat, my RS-11 on the RRrr duely recorded after an operating session taken by me. :) This has been fun and thanks for letting me participate.

Greg

Greg, since you won southern pacific locomotive, you get to make up another description!

please post your decision whenever you feel like it! :D

P.S. jbaakko is right, there is no scale requirement, the only scale requirement is that it be of a model r.r., not a prototype :D

eastonj said:
My pick is:

Wisconsin Central SD45

Extra points for two or more in a consist or running long hood forward. :D

-Jeff

Just thought that I would show you guys some of the pics I could have used as entries on some of the descriptions.

1. my SD45 (Since I'm the contest organizer, any pics I post don't count as winning, so Wisconsin Central SD45 + this is a MRL unit, so it doesn't count any ways.)

2 & 3.Empire builder equipment( remember these pics don't count)

4. my GN steam engine

Back