Find that locomotive!!!!

Empire Builder

Great Northern fanatic
This one here is actually a derivative of a game that was posted on Railroad forums by SSW9662. :D

Here's the rules:
  • You have to find and post a picture of the described locomotive, passenger car, or freight car.
  • The picture must be of a model railroad, not the prototype.
  • The picture has to be yours, not someone else's or one you found on the internet; in other words, it has to be taken by you
  • the winner is the first one to post a picture of the locomotive ( or sometimes it may be a passenger car or a freight car).
  • Once someone posts the winning picture, I will post a new desciption for everyone to find a picture of & so on
Here's the first description: Amtrak Dash 8-32BHW in ''Pepsi Can'' paint scheme
GOOD Luck!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SSW said:
Doesn't have to be a leader does it?
Nope, so you are our 1st winner!!

Note to all participants: from now on there will be 2 descriptions each time; one picked by me & one picked by the winner. :)

So, here's the next description from me: Great Northern steam engine

And SSW, you get to pick the second description since you won; please post it when ever you have time.

by the way, was that any paticular train route in your picture, SSW?

Find that locomotive HALL of Fame (our winners)

note: if a member has won multiple descriptions, the # of descriptions won will be shown in ().Also, the # of points a member has earned will be shown in []

DESCRIPTION -------------------------------WINNER

Amtrak Dash 8-32BHW in ''Pepsi Can paint'' --------- SSW (1) [1]
SD9 non-road specific------------------------------ hyrail5 (2) [2]
Alco Century loco-any road/any model--------------- jbaakko (3) [3]
Great Northern steam engine-------------------------- kjd (5) [6]
free lanced paint scheme; any type of equipment------ eastonj (1) [1] & hyrail5 (2) [2]
Montana Rail Link-any model of locomotive-------------- kjd (5) [6]
Southern Pacific locomotive--------------------------- Greg Elms (1)[1]
Wisconsin Centeral SD45------------------------------- jbaakko (3)[3]
SP&S locomotive------------------------------------- Catapult (1)[1]
Pennsy locomotive------------------------------------ kjd (5) [6]
Rio Grande tunnel moter-------------------------- SteveB (1)[1] & jbaakko (3) [3]
F45, extra points if MRL or BN ------------------------kjd (5) [6]
Empire Builder Equipment------------------------------kjd (5) [6]
Great Northern Diesel----------------------------- BNSF Dude (1)[1]

SSW said:
Nope, not any particular route, just messing around.

How about a SD-9 non road specific. :)

Nice lookin' train ( and layout), I do a lot of messin' around also. :)
What type of cars were those locos pulling?

Ok, SD9 non-road specific it is then. :)

Good Luck to all the participants!!!! ;)

hyrail5 said:
Here is my Athearn SP SD9 on the Mount Hood Model Engineer's layout in Portland from when I lived down there. (Yes, I know the photo was posted in a photo gallery on RRF by EPTC100 - this is my old ID that I don't use anymore).

Brian

Drool, drool, drool... (gets mop)

Nothing rides like a cadilac :)

hyrail5 said:
Here is my Athearn SP SD9 on the Mount Hood Model Engineer's layout in Portland from when I lived down there. (Yes, I know the photo was posted in a photo gallery on RRF by EPTC100 - this is my old ID that I don't use anymore).

Brian

Congratulations to our 2nd winner, hyrail5!!!!

hyrail5 since you just won, you get to pick the next description (remember, it can be a locomotive, passenger car, or a freight car).

Hyrail5, please let me know your decision on the description, or just post it yourself.

Everyone: remember we still have Great Northern steam engine going, so if you have one, hurry and post it before someone else does!!

hyrail5 said:
Ok - how about an ALCO Century unit - any road - any model (C415, C424, C425, C430... ETC).
If this contest lasts long enough (month+) I'll be posting, as I'm considering getting a CP Rail one.:eek:

Russian said:
If this contest lasts long enough (month+) I'll be posting, as I'm considering getting a CP Rail one.:eek:

I'm hoping to keep this contest going for a while, maybe one of the descripions will be about Canadian Pacific. Just keep watching!!, you never know what description there might be next, maybe one that you can do!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

OK, now that hyrail5 picked a description, here are the two that are currently active: Great Northern steam engine and Alco Century unit-any road-any model

GOOD LUCK as always!!

jbaakko said:
Holy, I can win it!? Alco C430, tyco, this baby is up for a remodeling the fall/winter ;)

Jbaakko is our 3rd winner! jbaakko, since you are our most recent winner, please post the new description when ever you have time. Congratulations for winning!

I'm gonna go with: Freelanced paint scheme all equipment, locomotives, freight, passenger...

I was day dreaming about this all day while waiting for my, *ehm* female freind, to get outta class. Not to mention I'm still waiting, lol.

Josh

eastonj said:
Does this count as a "freelanced paint scheme"?
It doesnt exist in prototype form (that I know of).

-Jeff

Yeah, but i guess i should leave it up to the contest thingy organizer to choose!

kjd said:
Entry for GN steam engine, how about a Q1? and a close up of Rocky?

What loco type is it? 4-8-4, 2-8-2, 4-8-2, ect......
I have a 2-8-2 Mikido with a vanderbuilt tender, really nice one ,you could view pics of it in another thread called great northern steam.

p.s. Kjd, please post a new description since you won!!

Back