Finally, my trackplan for the CIOR

CIOR

Central Indiana & Ohio RR
Here is the real track plan. for 3-4 years I had the paintshop version, always reworking the CAD version I never got it up.

Here ya go, this is the CIOR's Dunreith District.
3 levels
646 feet of mainline
1 helix
large staging yard
large mainline yard
several industries (15 total I believe)

40x30 room
http://www.trainweb.org/cior/layoutmap.html

Well, the layout is done with construction, has been for some time now.
Scenery is atleast base on the lower deck and I am starting on the top deck.
Its proto based, with a few things changed to fit. Based on the old PRR line that ran from Indianapolis east to Richmond, Indiana and onto Columbus (I model the Indy-Richmond segment).
Nothing to change, because the entire thing is done. I just now got around to posting the CAD version of the diagram.

3503_eb_gem1.jpg

PIIN01_dunreith2.jpg

Henry_west1.jpg

ple_eb_cpriley.jpg

Good plan, good photos, CIOR. I wish that I had gone with a helix. I see that you have signals: Are they automatically controlled? Do you use software for them and what kind?

Thanks
The helix allowed me to double the railroad in the space, and I could have tripled it if I stuffed, but that would have compressed things.

The signal system will be CMRI, I've built all the components and its been a learning fun so to speak.
The signals will be 100% proto based (I worked on the railroad and its one thing I won't budge on).

The signals are the Atlas signals that just came out after Christmas. I have a few Tomars left over and I have a couple ISS signals as well.
The new BLMA signals will hit the layout at a few locations as well.

Perhaps one day I will do a photo essay of the layout, putting numbered arrows where they are taken.
With the NMRA stuff coming this weekend, I just haven't had much time to get other stuff done.

Back