Finally a New Camera....!

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Yesterday, I finally purchased a new Canon PowerShot SX610 HS digital camera for taking photos of my layout and rail fanning. I when down to the layout this morning and shot a few photos using just the layout lighting. Should of did better photo composition and shot closer to the subjects, but the photos are remarkably better than with my old 3.1 MP Kodak camera and this is my first attempt to use the camera.

Yes, in the third photo, the LOGAN VALLEY (Montanan) interchanges cars with the Milwaukee Northern Railroad via the Milwaukee Road trackage. The second photo is an Milwaukee ALCO pulling a 12 car ore train though Rocky Junction, the lower track will lead to the new expansion area that will be built in late 2017. T

The last photo is two Woodland Scenics new LED Street Pole Lights in a back street scene.

Thanks.

Greg

Chet's Ore Cars.jpgALCO Pulling Ore Train.jpgLogan Valley SW1.jpgLED Street Poles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good purchase. Take it from someone who sells photos for extra income: Turn OFF the digital zoom. It is for experts and seldom used by them. Quality suffers greatly if you use it. Jim

Back