Ferromex ES44AC

Dollie's Dad

Gandy Dancer
Okay, I know the UP owns 26% of Ferromex, but we still don't see much of their power up here (So. Cal., Palm Springs area). This came through this afternoon on an intermodal train.

It was the only thing worth taking a picture of after standing in the sun for an entire afternoon. :mad::cool:

135260717.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At first you had me super excited because this looks like a screenshot from a very high def graphic PC game and I wanted to immediately buy it lol. I had to sit there and look at it for a few minutes and read your post to realize it is a real train haha! But I have never seen/heard of that company before. Neat train though!

Hey that's a nice shot, but the one I see is of a GEVO, not an ACe. Nice though and a good pic.

Hey that's a nice shot, but the one I see is of a GEVO, not an ACe. Nice though and a good pic.

You're right. :eek:My apologies.

I'll send a note to the admin and ask him to change the title.

Sorry for the misleading info.

[EDIT] Again, my apologies. I really do know the difference, but I spent a couple hours working on photos today, and most of them were SD70ACe's. I guess I just had them on my brain. I've reported this thread to the moderators, and have requested a title change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the OP could do that, click edit then advanced allows you to change a title.

Ken, part time Mod

I think the OP could do that, click edit then advanced allows you to change a title.

Ken, part time Mod

You're right!! Thanks.

I'm an admin on a photography forum that uses vBulletin, and the owner has it set that the OP's cannot change thread titles. He did that because people were abusing the privilege, especially in the buy/sell boards.

When you have 300,000 members, you can't count on all of them respecting the integrity of the data.

nice shot what are you shooting with?

I'll have to check. I think it was the Canon 7D with the 24-105L.

I also had my 5DII with the 100-400 on the tripod, but from that angle, it was too much lens. I'm pretty sure I shot it with the other camera.

When I get on the other computer, I'll be able to tell you for sure, and I will post it then.

Okay, I was right.

It was shot with the 7D and the 24-105L

F/8
ISO 200
1/125 sec.
47mm focal length.

The picture was initially processed in Lightroom 3, and touched-up in Photoshop CS5.

I've been seeing a lot of Ferromex lately, like Ken said. I'm starting to miss the Armor Yellow as there's been a lot of pooled power on the rails (CSX) and lots more BNSF rolling through.

I live near the Yuma Subdivision, and there was a time when there were lots of foreign power, maybe 5 years ago. You saw as many CSX and NS units as Union Pacific. Now, it's very rare to see anything other than yellow locomotives out here, and it really gets boring. When I do see something a little out-of-the-ordinary, I try to get a photo of it just to break the monotony.

Back