Feed Mill Scene

jacon12

I've completed, but not weathered, Walthers Feed Mill so I thought I'd shoot my Southern 0-8-0 switcher out front.
53892403.jpg

the track is the only finished section of track I've completed and it's only 3 feet long.
Maybe after Christmas I can get started again.. :D
Jarrell

Wow! It's looking great, Jerrell. Something tells me your MR pics are going to be worth the wait...;)

Jarrell,

You're not supposed to tell us you don't have the whole thing done. Just like I won't tell you this is the only sceniced portion of my layout.

Mongo05.gif

grande man said:
Wow! It's looking great, Jerrell. Something tells me your MR pics are going to be worth the wait...;)

Grandeman, I gotta get on the stick and get this layout in gear, right after the first of the year. I'm ready to at least get the yard done!
Thanks,
Jarrell

ARTHILL said:
Nice model, great photo. What do you plan for weathering? The track detail is very nice.

I've been thinking 'bout that Art and I was hoping to get some ideas from you'se guys. Feed mills, though I've never seen one in person (I don't think!) would be covered in a kinda light, powdery stuff... I guess.. like dirty flour, maybe. I don't know, gotta research that.
Jarrell

SpaceMouse said:
Jarrell,

You're not supposed to tell us you don't have the whole thing done. Just like I won't tell you this is the only sceniced portion of my layout.

Mongo05.gif
Lol.... I know what you mean, Chip. Sometimes I feel like the movie makers, you know how the actors look like the crawling through the Sahara Desert but actually 3 feet away fro them is a guy sittin in a chair directing and another guy aiming a big fan at them, ya just can't see them!
Oh well, we can dream. We just gotta make it bigger is all.
Jarrell

Jarrell, I'd never have known that's not the real thing - except that I know your photography background. Nice job!:cool: I know you must have used a few high-wattage (>=500W) light bulbs for illumination - are they available [read: affordable] to us mere mortals?

Gee I hate it when you guys show me there's no excuse for not taking pictures, guess I'll have to make a trip to town and get some Bristol board for a background.
Nice work on the feed mill and a great setup. Makes for a real Nice presentation and a real nice photo.
clappinghands.png
Cheers
Willis

NICE shot Jarrell!;):D i would love to see the same shot with the feed mill weathered up.;) GREAT job! post some more!:D -Dean

Hi Jarrell,

Great job on the feed mill. And if the rest of what you can do looks anything like what you've done in three feet........I can't wait to see the rest!!!

Johnny

Chip and Jarrell you guys will probley have a vary fine layout soon,and make the rest of us look bad !!GRINNN! Nice work guys!!

JIM

Back