Feb. Alabama Rail Gang Meeting

The Waltzing Creek & Western RR will be hosting the next meeting of the Alabama Rail Gang (ARG). The meeting will be Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006 from 10 am to 4 pm. Hopefully we will have the first operating session on the new WC&W RR.:D

Please RSVP so I can plan the operating session and more importantly lunch and the coffee quantity required!:)

Glenn

Hi Glenn. Whatever you come up with for a required coffee amount, double it. :D

We're planning to be there and looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it. Can I ride with you, CJ?
1 gallon of coffee for CJ. 1/2 gallon of coffee will be plenty...for me.:D

LGM and I just got home from helping Mr May work on his RR. I told him about the upcoming meet and he said he's planning to attend. I'll mention it to Ray as well if he doesn't see it here first.

Info Request

grande man,

I heard about your gang on another forum. I am interested in participating with a group/club. I live in Waverly and understand you folks may be close by. Can you provide me with some aditional info on the ARG.:)

War Eagle,

Dan

Gee, I don't know Dan. With a screen name like that, there's likely to be a duel between you and Rex in Glenn's driveway. :D

Absolutely, come on out to the meet. We'd love to meet you. Glenn will send out an email with directions and we'll make sure you get a copy. See ya on the 11th. :cool:

WarEagle90 said:
grande man,

I heard about your gang on another forum. I am interested in participating with a group/club. I live in Waverly and understand you folks may be close by. Can you provide me with some aditional info on the ARG.:)

War Eagle,

Dan

Dan, we will be glad to meet you on the 11th.

All: As Eric indicated I will send a private message with directions next week. The required "Honey Do" should finish this week! A new ribbon for the printer is due today. Wheelsets to get additional rolling stock available due by Monday. Don't think we will be able to switch the Blast Furnace. I might have the furnace sitting in place if I get real lucky. Motive power availablity is tight. CJ might have to spend the day installing decoders! I need to run a couple of operating sessions to load the railroad, but if it doesn't get done the first couple of sessions on the 11th will be light.

I'll post the menu next week. The current rumor is chili.

Bring a Digitrax throttle if you have one.

Glenn

Rex, you're more than welcome to ride with me. Chilli?, sounds good! Something I can really gum to death!!!!

Now if we can just get Stan to come over....

Glen: Chili would be great. Just pull the beans from CJ's! :eek:

Dan: it will be nice to meet you and for you to join us in the Alabama Rail Gang. :)D Even though you are an Auburn fan.:D )

Don't know if anyone has told you about us yet, but we are just a bunch of MR's within about 100 miles or so of Birmingham that get together about once a month at one of our homes. The place is rotated in a round-robin way. Our meets are informal with emphasis on fellowship, telling lies, and running or railfanning trains. The operating session can be structured or just plain "run at your own risk". A personal layout is not required and can be substituted with some other MR type activity such as railfanning, train show, lectures by Casey Jones , John Henry, and others:D :D . Hope to see you soon.

"ROLL TIDE":p

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking Forward To the 11th

grande man,

Thanks for the invitation. I plan on being there. I'll make sure I wear my bright orange Auburn shirt just for Rex.

Glen,

Looking forward to meeting some real model railroaders. Since I am a beginner, it will be nice to see how the pros do it. I hope it is a cold day cause chili goes down good when it is cold.

Rex,

What can I say? Oh, War Eagle. 28 and 18 keep coming to mind for some reason, I don't know why but I guess I will figure it out later, lol. Anyway, Sounds like a lot of fun. I do have a small 4x8 layout. Can't do a lot of operating on it but I am designing a larger layout. Size will depend on where my wife lets me put it. I hope to model the earlier years of what is now the NS and CSX lines that intersect in Opelika. I think these lines have some interesting trackage and back when had quite a bit of industry to serve. I'll have to do some freelancing both with the layout and the scenery. I hope I can get some feedback from you guys on the 11th. I'll try to have a very, very preliminary layout then for ya'll to critique.

Again thanks all for the invite, hope to see ya on the 11th.

War Eagle,

Dan

By the way, anyone going to the train show in Atlanta this weekend?

RexHea said:
Glen: Dan: it will be nice to meet you and for you to join us in the Alabama Rail Gang. :)D Even though you are an Auburn fan.:D )

"ROLL TIDE":p

I'm assuming you're better at this railroad stuff than your team is at playing football Rex!!:rolleyes: Just kiddin'... not a very good way to introduce my self to you guys! LOL I'm a friend of Dan's and he told me about your board... thought I'd have a look for myself. If Dan get's into model trains the way he does everything else, you guys have your hands full. Good to be here but I plan to keep a low profile and eavesdrop on you all for awhile.

btw... War Eagle!;)

Watch Out He's a Fairly Dangerous Man

Guys, ya'll better watch this Mel character I hear tell he's a snake in the grass. lol. Naw, he is really a cool guy. Mel, isn't it about time for you to turn back into a pumpkin? Good to see you here tonight.

War Eagle,

Dan

Unfortunately Dan, I made that post when I got back from the golf course and you know I had a few stiff one's before coming home! I hope Rex didn't take offense by my comment, I was just in a playful mood. He should know that all my brothers are BIG Bama fans and we go at it like that all the time.

Mel

Ah heck, Mel no offense taken. That talk is the norm for this state. Speaking of offense:eek: ...well, look out next year.:D

RTR!

Well the long range weather forecast is showing 40's for Sat. so I guess the Chili will warm us up!

I am fairly close on preparations to being ready. Won't get everything done, but hopefully close enough. Start moving equipment on to sidings to get ready for the operating session on Sat. We will have to double up and take turns, but it should still be fun.

One potential problem - Debra will have gall bladder surgery on Thursday. She thinks we can still have the session Sat., but I'll post a message here by early evening Friday confirming the session.

Glenn

Glenn, considering your situation with Debra and that Carey is still wounded and probably would be uncomfortable even if he makes it at all, maybe you would like to go ahead and re-schedule the ARG meet. I would almost bet the Debra would be coming home on Saturday if her surgery goes like others that I've known.

It's up to you and it is no problem to re-schedule. Heck, we always need to keep this thing flexible. Please advise your soonest so we can make other plans.;)

I know how Debra will feel!

Glenn,

I know what Debra is going to feel like. Been there, done that. I agree with Rex. Wish Debra God's Speed and we will keep her in our prayers.

Dan

Appreciate the thoughts. Debra's medical situation is still in flux right now. She may not have the surgery Thursday after all. She has to go for additional tests tomorrow.

I'd rather not put the gathering off if I can help it because I have committments the next 2 weekend. So it would have to slip until March.

I'll keep you guys updated as things develop tomorrow!

Back