Feb. Alabama Rail Gang Meeting

Sat. Meeting

Debra came thorough her surgery today with flying colors. :)

I have 4 sessions ready to go, so we should have 4 hours of operations available. Hopefully I can get another engine or two ready.

I am really looking forward to having everyone here on Sat.!

Glenn

WCWBrassHat said:
Debra came thorough her surgery today with flying colors. :)

I have 4 sessions ready to go, so we should have 4 hours of operations available. Hopefully I can get another engine or two ready.

I am really looking forward to having everyone here on Sat.!

Glenn

That's great news Glenn. We'll see you Saturday!

That's great, Glenn.
Ok, I will see you Saturday and will be riding with Carey. (That is if we don't get a big surprise from the weather:confused: )

Yea for Debra :) . I am glad that everything went well. Tell her to take it easy and get plenty of rest. I tried to do too much too soon after I had mine removed and I paid dearly for it. Hope she recovers real soon. Greatly anticipating Saturday.

Dan

Glenn;
That's fabulous news! I know that she'll be feeling a little rough for a while, but it gets better a little each day!

Yes Rex and Jimmie will be riding with me...

Rex, ya think I oughta bring my henway????;);)

Only if you think it will fit in the van. Smart a...! I'll get'em Saturday.

Glenn I hope you are smart enough to keep Carey away from your turntable pit!

Rex, will be okay as the turntables haven't been installed. Could be a problem with Cary and 3 turntables.

Cary, how about checking with Hunter and see if he wants to ride with the group.

Glenn

RexHea said:
Glenn I hope you are smart enough to keep Carey away from your turntable pit!

Yep, cause we all know what could happen...:D

109229266.jpg

Had a little smaller group than last month, but still had a good gathering. We had the first operating session on the Waltzing Creek & Western. After several hours with 3 crews working the session was not finished. One train was still left to run. :D

Funny thing it only took me an 1.5 hour to run the next session by himself.:confused:

I only got a chance to take a few pictures of Little Grande Man and Mr. May switching the steel mill at Perryville.

Glenn

WCWBrassHat said:
Had a little smaller group than last month, but still had a good gathering. We had the first operating session on the Waltzing Creek & Western. After several hours with 3 crews working the session was not finished. One train was still left to run. :D ......

Glenn
Glenn;

Thanx for hosting us yesterday!! I know that I had a blast.:D You boys from Waverly musta chickened out due to the weather.;) I hope that Debra is feeling better today than she was yesterday. Been there, done that.

Unlike some members of the ARG, I, being the kindhearted person I am would never post vicious pictures of their mistakes, especially after posting and reposting my one mistake at Rex's months ago. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But here's a couple anyway:D:D:D:D

I would have posted a pic of another mistake, someone, (Rex), knocked over almost half the cars in the staging yard, but like I said...I'm too kindhearted....actually I was too busy LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! What a fun time we had at WCWBrasshat's layout. Glenn had everything organized perfectly for an enjoyable day at running trains. This was my first experience at running ops using Train Orders and I had an absolute ball. I used to think that it would take the fun out by getting too technical, but boy was I wrong. It does just the opposite. To top it all off, we had some delicious Chili for lunch that eased the pain of the 37 degree weather. Thanks Glenn for a very good day.

Yeah CJ, I felt like Godzilla when I knocked over the entire yard of cars:eek: :eek: I know, DON'T LEAN ON THE LAYOUT!!

Fellows, let me show you an "N" scale EMPIRE in the works. The photos are showing only half of what Glenn is building.

Cjcrescent said:
Glenn;

Unlike some members of the ARG, I, being the kindhearted person I am would never post vicious pictures of their mistakes, especially after posting and reposting my one mistake at Rex's months ago. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But here's a couple anyway:D:D:D:D

Absolutely CRUEL... ;)

Glenn, thanks for hosting. We had a blast!

And I know that all of you want to see this. Got him before he got me.

CJ "Gummy Bear Crescent"
afw.sized.jpg

I Missed Out!!!!

Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun. :( Guys, I'm sorry I did not make it but I had to baby-sit the office. I will make sure I am at the next meeting if the invitation still holds.

Later,

Dan

Dan, we understand your fears of coming up to the land of the "Bear". Don't worry, we will give you a big welcome when you make it up here and maybe in a few years...you can have a football National Championship. After all, we have had so many that it wouldn't hurt us to share one.

:D :D :D
REX

Rex,

Kind of hard to argue with that! But let's see :rolleyes: .... 4 in a row and never in Tuscaloosa. Kind of hard to argue with that too!! lol. :D

I'll see ya'll at the next gathering.

War Eagle,

Dan

Back