EZ TRACK problem

leo

I have some EZ TRACK and would like to use it for a small Christmas display. The problem is the rails are comming off the ties! On closer inspection I seem to think the molded tie-plates are too small to hold the rail properly. I would like to know if anyone else had this problem and what was their fix to this problem? Would some sort of glue be sufficient to hold the rail in place? If so-what would be the best suggested glue to use? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze when I saw the title of your thread my immediate thought was "surprise, surprise!!!" :D No, I would go w/ jeffrey's suggestion. Toss the track and get new stuff. BTW I see that you're in Johnstown. Me too!!! What is your level of interest in the hobby? It would be nice to be able to get some tips about local shops and stuff...

Ez track

Hi psychobeagle; I found out the fix for my EZ TRACK! The track and ties are not molded with the track bed--they are separate. So all I did was find some old pieces of track lying around and replaced the ties and track with my old Atlas track. Both of them are the same size. So all I did was to lift the tie strips from the EZ TRACK and Krazy Glued the Atlas track in its place. Works fine!
You can Email me at patston@msn.com. I would be more than happy to talk MRR with you and possibly meet up some place. :D

That sounds like steel rail with black roadbed. The track separates rather easily from the roadbed. Try that with the nickel silver rail on gray roadbed and you'll likely break the track as it's glued down more securely.

Hi Jeffrey;

Your right-it is the steel rail w/the black roadbed. If I should have the same problem with the Nickle/silver(I have some of them also) I will give my remedy a try first.

It should work good. You will probably have to break a lot of the ties off. You might can pry them up with a screw driver. Jeff knows a lot about ez track. It is all he uses. He could answer your questions about it.

Nah i'll say it here I'm not too worried about ppl trying to break into my house for my pitiful collection :D I live in the West End by Koch's if you know where that is. The little corner store, there is also a gas station right across the street, West End Gulf. I'm like two blocks up the road.

Back