Exciting Times In Bucyrus!

Brakie

This morning around 6 AM I heard a distant rumble and thought it was odd because the temperature was 29 degrees and way to cold for a thunderstorm..When I started on my walk this morning I notice a train blocking the crossings..So,I decided to investigate.Heres what I found in the Benson yard area.A 6 car derailment on the NS.The side boom cats are R.J.Corman
derailment services..

Picture-002-8.jpg

Picture-017.jpg

Picture-011-3.jpg

Picture-008-4.jpg

Picture-007-4.jpg

Picture-018-2.jpg

WOW! Fourth forum that I've seen this posted on!

Yeah Bob,I wanted to share this with my forum friends that may not frequent other forums like we do.
Sorry..I am not aware of any Internet or forum rules that states once a topic is posted on one forum you can not post it on another..:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brakie GREAT work, that's amazing, did all the axles end up in one place or did the dozer's drag them there

Hey Brakie, what part of the world was this derailment in. RJ Cormann is a locally based Outfit (Nicholasville, Ky) Cool pics Glad it happened in a remote section, nobody hurt.

Steve,By the time I arrived on scene around 9:15AM they had dragged 2 of the cars and other stuff away from the track.
=========================================================
4Starcstms,That happen in Bucyrus,Ohio..There is a apartment complex and trailer court located along the edge of the field.In fact that was almost in my back yard so to speak.
R.J.Corman owns several short lines including 3 here in Ohio..He also has a wreck cleanup service.In fact Mr.Corman has a wreck clean up crew station in Columbus and Toledo.Those side booms you see in the pictures are his.
http://www.rjcorman.com/

Thanks for the photos, Brakie. It would be interesting to see how the wrecking crew did their work.

Rex,Its about cleaned up.I walked around the derailment looking like I belong and I was wearing my NS jacket..The Bucyrus Police did chase off several bystanders that wondered in to close but,walked pass me..:D

As a update.
As of 4PM(Sat).
derailment-004.jpg

derailment-006.jpg

derailment-007.jpg

I know a couple of people that drive for him hauling the equipment. I wouldnt mind doing it, he pays well, treats his people good, and does ALOT for the local community, not to mention his collection of restored/repainted loco's and rollingstock. I'll have to make the drive down and get some pictures.

Back