Ever have one of those days?

KB02

Yesterday I decided to spend a little time trying to fix one small problem area of track I had. Right at a tunnel portal, at one end of a turnout, cars would derail if they were run to the left. Running right was never a problem (and was the normal direction of travel for this section). I knew what the problem was - slightly uneven track. I figured this would be a relatively easy fix. Well, after two hours of working on it, I had only seemed to have made things worse. 🤬 I walked away for a while and finally came back to it several hours later and ended up having to un-ballast and relevel about two feet of track.

When all was said and done, what I thought would be a relaxed, 30 minute job turned out to be a frustrating, 4 hour, 1-step-forward-2-steps-back experience. BUT, I finally did seem to get the problem fixed.

Now I need to re-ballast that whole section... That can wait... ;)

Now, I always allow 5 hours for a 5 minute job. Works wonders for the stress levels. I'm planning on getting a pair of shoes with backward soles too.

Had a section of "bullet proof" track, in a not-removable tunnel section turn not-bullet proof this week.

Camper of happiness I am not.

I remember an old "Peanuts" cartoon strip. It was late in the fall, judging from the trees with bare branches and the fact that Linus and Charlie Brown were both wearing jackets and caps.
Linus: "The days are getting shorter, aren't they, Charlie Brown?"
Charlie Brown: "Yes, I guess they are. But sometimes they seem to be a lot wider."
I know just how he felt!

I had one of those days today, trying to lay a double track mainline on my stone viaduct, that crosses a bridge then the 2 tracks enter a tunnel to my helix, but one of them 'wye's off to anther viaduct.,...and it was all 40" deep back on the deck.

I'm not sure if i invented some new cuss words, or just brought some back I had forgotten. :eek: o_O

Back