Ever forget about a preorder?

Motley

So yesterday I get this email from Train Track. "You order will be shipping out today". I like huh, I don't remember ordering anything. LOL

So I look up the order and found out it was made on 10/28/2013. Last year! Geeezus I completely forgot all about it. They already charged my card, so I guess I'm getting it. I really don't need it right now, but oh well. I just sold some items on ebay, so that will pay for it at least.

Its actually pretty sweet lookin. Its the new Intermountain ES44AC BN. Here: http://www.intermountain-railway.com/ho/html/49772.htm

It would really be sweet if BNSF would paint the real thing in Chinese red and one in the Blackbird scheme. The BN does look good, too.

I ordered a Rivarossi Allegheny H-8 2-6-6-6 with LokSound decoder installed from Caboose Hobbies about a year before they became available. When I got the email saying my $400 order had shipped, I fell off my chair to keep my jaw from shattering when it hit the floor. I ended up doing the first ever online member review for Model Railroader Magazine on that locomotive.

Every time I have pre-ordered something I've gotten screwed on the price, so I avoid that whole marketing strategy.

Way back when I did order a set of the GN circus cars. I got 6 and then nothing. So two years ago (so this would have been 6ish years after I place the order), I got a note saying that since I never picked up the other 6 cars the were being released into the hobby shops stock. Still can't figure out where the disconnect happened or why they didn't start calling at least 1 a year to tell me the cars were in.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a guy that ordered from walthers at a local hobby shop & it came in 5 years later well the LHS owner calls the house
Turns out he DIED in the interim

I've never forgotten one but they always seem to show up when I'm broke! Murphy's law of acquisition I guess...:rolleyes:

Back