ESU LokProgrammer has become Hard To Find

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
The ESU LokProgrammer is out of stock in every store I have checked. Digging into it more, rumor mill says ESU is holding off on exports to the states in anticipation of collapse of the dollar next year.
This seems to be in line with other stuff I've heard about ESU and their contempt for the American market.

I think I'll bite my tongue and hope you'll flesh out your post with a bit more veridical information. "...contempt for the American market." Really?
As it is, it almost sounds like your spoiling for a fight. o_O

Just to add some fuel to the fire, I thought that the price of silver went up quite a bit this year, anyone notice that by chance? Nickel silver rail get more expensive again?

Just to add some fuel to the fire, I thought that the price of silver went up quite a bit this year, anyone notice that by chance? Nickel silver rail get more expensive again?
I don't believe there is any real silver in it. The color, hence the name, comes from it's nickel content in the alloy, the same as silver coins have none. That's not to say Nickel won't go up.

Silver rounds have gone up about $5 this year. That's about 20%. Several forces on the currency market are trying to blow out the dollar and replace it with the Chinese Yuan. Ya think your 401k is safe, or your SS check or your pension? It will blow out real quick when it does and we will have situations in the stores that make the COVID food run look like an everyday store crowd.
As for ESUs contempt, talk to some of the ESU dealers and see what they have to say about ESUs supply approach. Check the European model railroader community and ask what they think of American model railroaders. We're a bunch of rubes as far as they're concerned. An easy mark by ESU. If their product was beef, what we get is the by-products of the slaughter house packaged as prime.
Yeah, I've been through the wringer with them when I tried to integrate ESU with my Digitrax over a year ago. Secret files, special access and variance in product properties.
If I knew of ESUs attitude a few years back, I would have never bought any ESU decoders. Now if I want to program them beyond just an address I need the LokProgrammer. Just a year ago a LokProgrammer was about $145 retail. Now they are up over $165, and that's on back order with deliver sometime in Feb 2021.

I don't need to check anything. You need to provide us with verifiable (hence my use of the word 'veridical') data, references, anything but what amounts to an opinion on your part. So, thanks, but I'll still enjoy my hot popcorn.

Lokprogrammer 3 in stock as of 1:44pm CDT at

Hiawathahobbies.com $145.00 plus shipping.

They are in Peewaukee Wisconsin and a real pleasure to deal with

good luck

TomO

I thought I had checked them TLOC. Ordered one. Thanks.

Glad to help.

Having to buy that programmer is one of the reasons I am heading back to dead rail and Railpro. It’s a pain having to dial in each decoder to work great with a ProtoThrottle. I have 3 consists or 6 locos tuned, using a buddy’s unit at his place. The next locomotives are going to be power on board using Railpro to control them.

TomO

Glad to help.

Having to buy that programmer is one of the reasons I am heading back to dead rail and Railpro. It’s a pain having to dial in each decoder to work great with a ProtoThrottle. I have 3 consists or 6 locos tuned, using a buddy’s unit at his place. The next locomotives are going to be power on board using Railpro to control them.

TomO
Does railpro automatically set all the sounds and lights of each locomotive?
Does it also allow you to mix and match any combination of locomotives anytime?
If you are running dead rail, I suppose you have to run your power supply on the train somehow. Is that HO scale? How do you get enough battery inside the loco to run for a few hours?

Does railpro automatically set all the sounds and lights of each locomotive?
Does it also allow you to mix and match any combination of locomotives anytime?
If you are running dead rail, I suppose you have to run your power supply on the train somehow. Is that HO scale? How do you get enough battery inside the loco to run for a few hours?

Ken, the batteries will be in In the second locomotive and that will be a dummy.

Yes, I run HO and there is plenty of room in the dummy for batteries and a speaker. I was getting about 90 minutes run time on a battery on a switching layout. I was running RailPro 3 years ago and sold it to purchase the ESU Cab Control system for DCC because the ProtoThrottle I pre-ordered wouldn’t work on RailPro and still won’t. I now have 3 PT’s and love them.

Creating consists on RailPro is rather easy and it’s really a matter of pushing a few fingers on screen.

TomO

Back