ESU 21 Pin MTC adapter board

NYC_George

I was wandering has anyone bought one of these boards? They seem to adopt a 8 pin decoder to a 21 pin mother board. I have some TCS 21 pin mother boards and would like to plug in a Lok Sound 8 pin decoder into it.
George

lok_sound_board.JPG

Now that I researched this a little more I find that I'm not sure what this board actually does?
George

So I found this video on how to adopt an 8 pin decoder to a 21 pin adopter board. You have to solder the 8 pin wires on the 21 pin board's soldering pads.

George

8_pin_to_21_pin_01.JPG
8_pin_to_21_pin_02.JPG

Never used one myself George but interested in how it goes!

If have some Lok Sound 8 pin decoders that I'm not using and a few TCS WOW mothers boards and I thought if I could find a way to get them to work together it would be good. I asked around and no one seemed to know but then I found this video pictured in the above photos. You can plug a 21 pin Lok Sound decoder into a WOW mother board with no problem but now with the TCS 21 pin breakout board you can also add an 8 pin Lok Sound decoder. The TCS WOW mother boards with Stay Alive are by far the best of any other stay alive products. That's why I use them. If you plan on using a Lok Sound decoder with the TCS board make sure you don't try and put it in upside down. I'll post a photo soon so everyone can see what's up and what's down.
George

Back