Entire HO layout for sale

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

rickswa

Hello,
I've decided to sell my partially finished HO layout. It was built in Indiana and moved to Colorado 6 years ago. Since then, it has been climate controlled but not reassembled. It is 2 4x8 sheets in an L layout with a curved piece added for one of the corners. To move it, I carefully cut the plywood sheets apart (and track) using a dremel and also had to remove the control panel and also the curved piece. The control panel is automated with appropriate color LED's for the switches and also power isolation switches for various parts of the track. one power supply is DCC and the other is DC. The tunnel has been removed from the layout but has been climate controlled in a custom crate as well for this time. I also have a lot of scenery, tools, and cars/locos that I will inventory, photo and post as well. I will consider any and all offers but this must be picked up in Castle Rock, Colorado by December 1. Some of the photos were during early construction but give a better overview of how it is put together. If you would want any other photos, just let me know.

Attachments

JazzDad

Gandy Dancer
Very sharp. I have never been able to sell a complete (like there is such a thing) layout. Then again, my layouts didn't appeal to anyone, perhaps. Be prepared to part it out and you may have more luck.

It's sad, really. When I was starting out in the MRR world, I would have done anything for a layout so nice. If only we could find a kid onto whom we could bestow our 'treasure'.

rickswa

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's tough to let it go, but I'm to the point of realizing it's going to be some time until I can get back to putting it together so hopefully someone finds interest in it. Thank you again for the posts!

BigGRacing

I am on the other side of the continent as well so very hard to get to Colorado. Looks like an awesome layout that any young fellow would enjoy for sure !

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.