Entertrainment Jct., Ohio

otiscnj

Has anyone been to Entertrainment Jct., in Ohio, north of Cincinatti? I was there about 2 weeks ago. Very impressive layout.

Here are some photos from my visit. I'll be uploading them over the next couple of days.
etsign918.JPGetmap918.JPGet1stbridge918.JPG
sign outside. Car visible on the interstate. Abriviated map of layout. 1st scene as you enter
et2ndvi918.JPGet2ndtown918.JPG
coming into second scene second town

Last edited:
Here are some more photos.
etbridgeboat918.jpgetboat918.jpgetcanyon918.jpg
Harbor of second town. The sternwheeler is at the dock. Leaving town, the line passes thru a canyon.

et4050city918.jpgetfairnight918.jpg
(Left) Coming into the '40's & 50's city. The city has both a trolley and interurban line. The interurban goes all the way to 'Coney Island.' The large building on the left is a power plant. Most of the foreground buildings have detailed interiors, like this one.

(Right) In the mountains, and between the two newer cities, is 'Coney Island,' and amusement park at the end of the interurban line, just about. Its night time now.

Last edited:
A few more shots:
etmodcity918.jpgetexitview918.jpg
(Left) Here's the modern city. It has skyscrapers as well as a subway system.

(Right) View of a yard on the outskirts of a 3rd city. The yard tower is kind of funky. To give you an idea of the size, that's a Conrail SD40-2 at its base(in G scale).

I have some photos I can post, if anyone is interested in seeing more. It probably took me an 1-1.5 hours to walk thru at a leasurily pace.

To give you an idea of the size, that's a Conrail SD40-2 at its base(in G scale).
Well, G-gauge. Any idea of what scale? 1:29th?

Post Script Edit - I looked it up. The Conrail SD40-2 is a USA model in ... drum roll ... 1:29th. So If they are keeping the scenery and other trains true to this. we know the scale. Unfortunately many g-gauge layouts don't do this. The Colorado Railroad Museum's (in Golden) G display has trains mixed with Fn3 (1:20.5) right in there with standard gauge (1:32), as well as the 1:24th, 1:25th, and 1:29th stuff. sigh.

Last edited:
Here are some photos from my visit. I'll be uploading them over the next couple of days.
View attachment 32025
Abriviated map of layout.
Notice how they do the scenery in time period from early to modern in counter-clockwise fashion. I always said a museum should do that. I had a design with 5 halls of trains. One of the halls was the hall of history, starting with John Bull & DeWitt Clinton type locomotives, each town progressing from there. Now I'm going to have to go and take a look and see how they did the transition.

Last edited:
Otis - Even though I haven't commented, I have enjoyed looking at these pictures. Post more. It is on my bucket list to visit within the next few years. My sister and family live in Dayton, about 30 miles away.

Notice how they do the scenery in time period from early to modern in counter-clockwise fashion. I always said a museum should do that. I had a design with 5 halls of trains. One of the halls was the hall of history, starting with John Bull & DeWitt Clinton type locomotives, each town progressing from there. Now I'm going to have to go and take a look and see how they did the transition.

They do the transitions by having you walk thru a short tunnel. Basically, you walk into a scene from the 1840's or so, with 4-4-0 locos. From there you progress to post Civil War, then onto a 1940's to 1950's style city. After that comes a city with skyscrapers, and the double stacks. In between the two cities, running along the mezzanine is the amusement park, which is serviced from the 40's and 50's style city, by an interurban line. The city with skyscrapers has a subway/mass transit line.

Last edited:
Otis - Even though I haven't commented, I have enjoyed looking at these pictures. Post more. It is on my bucket list to visit within the next few years. My sister and family live in Dayton, about 30 miles away.

Willie-coming up shortly, with another 5-10 photos. FWIW, some portions of the layout I didn't take still photos of, as I thought the scenes were too dark for my iPhone, and the glass would only reflect the flash.

Ahh, I miss my G Gauge :(

Tony, if I had a warehouse for model trains, after seeing this, I might go G or F scale, as I might be able to complete it in my lifetime. Have to say, it really looks like a model railroad, but with G scale/gauge trains. The city buildings are huge.

I heard about this from one of the fellows on the Frisco site who lives near the Dayton area.
He took his kids there a couple months ago and posted photos of the place.
Maybe if I can get back to the Air Museum, I can include the Trains as well.
Thanks, Otis :)

And now, for your continuing viewing pleasure, another few photos from my visit to Entertrainment Junction, north of Cincinatti, Ohio.

L to R- First village as you enter the display. Supposed to be from before the Civil War. Next photo is supposed to be from some time after the Civil War, coming up to 'Town 2' on the left side of the aisle. The paddlewheeler boat is in the dock, here. Rightmost photo is the station scene for the town with the paddlewheeler. See the canal boat in the basin, behind the station? The big swing bridge is to the right in this photo.

ej1station918.jpg ej2right918.jpg ej2townleft918 (2).jpg

(L to R) HO scale Thomas layout in the children's area. Probably about 4'x8'. Next photo is of the city set in the 1940's and '50's. The buildings are huge and for a model railroad, its a large city.

ejthomaset918 (2).jpgej45city918.jpg

Here are the balance of my decent photos taken back in September 2018.

L to R. Engine facility handling steam to diesels. This is located between the two cities. The concrete portal in the distance connects with the skyscraper city. Above the portal you can see a profile of some hills. The interurban traverses a route from left to right, high up on the mountain side, over the portal, and along the right side of the photo, to Coney Island and beyond.
The right photo was taken adjacent to the exit doors of the exhibit. The container cranes are in the forground. Between the top of the yard tower, and the yard light, in about the center of the photo, is the portal for a road tunnel that follows the hillside, and crosses the yard on a highway bridge, adjacent to where I'm standing.

Hope you enjoyed the visit.

ejengterm918.jpgejcofcpadend918.jpg

I heard about this from one of the fellows on the Frisco site who lives near the Dayton area.
He took his kids there a couple months ago and posted photos of the place.
Maybe if I can get back to the Air Museum, I can include the Trains as well.
Thanks, Otis:)

It's about a half hour to hour north of Cincinatti, off of the interstate (I35?), depending on the traffic. Its also not too far from Dayton, maybe 45 minutes to an hour south, if I remember correctly. I was to the Air Force Museum many years ago, and was thoroughly impressed. Not sure I'd be able to do both in a single day, but both are worth the stop, at least once, in my book.

Back