Engine identification please

Marv

Shay.jpgCan anyone id this old photograph. I love the Shay. Would really like to know if a model exists. Thanks,

Yes, that is a Climax, identified by it's cylinders being mounted in that angled position. The Shays use several vertically mounted cylinders on the side.
-7_Shay_Sonora_Class_C.JPG

Definitely a Climax. The Shay is the best known of the geared locomotives, but there are 3 primary styles, Shay (& Willamette), Heisler and Climax. The distinguishing features are the cylinder position and drive line arrangement.

Can you read the name on the tender? Also I can't quite make out the number?

The name is F. P. Dalrymple or E. P. Dalrymple engine #254 cannot see what industry but there is a large hip roof red barn in the background. Thank you people for your help.
Marv

Just old guy with still aother hobby started. Very limited 4 x 7 Lionel O guage, mostly working on village and will use for seasonal display. I sail a RC sailboat in better weather.
Marv, Charlotte, NC

Just old guy with still aother hobby started. Very limited 4 x 7 Lionel O guage, mostly working on village and will use for seasonal display. I sail a RC sailboat in better weather.
Marv, Charlotte, NC

If Louis (Bruette) gets to hear you're into Lionel O, you'll gain a friend.

Well that looks like a Shay especially with the badge on the side of the cab, but seriously is this an O gauge or HO?

Marv, Charlotte, NC

Now totally (almost) obsessed, got have a climax switcher even to just sit on a siding.

Climax switcher

Now totally (almost) obsessed, got have a climax switcher even to just sit on a siding.
Found one ordered it today very excited. I don'
Have much of a layout.I have had an old pic on vanity that I have seen and admired everyday for nearly 30 years.I have called it a Shay but thanks to you guys on this forum I found it is actually a climax.I have been researching and found some interesting old photos and history of the Little Engine mostly used to say logging engine.
I layout is just a quick put together while package that I could play with and display around Christmas time and of course this will grow

Back