EEP Lua Automatic Train Control

RudyB

In cooperation with Frank Buchholz a free software package has been released that can create automatic train traffic on any EEP layout.

The latest version 2.3.2 can be downloaded here

Some of the new features are:
- an installer that automatically places all necessary files in the appropriate EEP folders.
- automatic train find mode, which shows which trains are missing if it can’t find them all
- reverse trains without the need for additional speed change contacts
- reverse train in any block, not only dead end blocks
- random wait times, between a configurable min and max value, per train per block
- a collection of demo layouts
- an extensive user manual that shows all the steps needed to create automatic train traffic on any EEP layout

And then there’s this wonderful tool: the Lua code generator. It creates the Lua control software for any layout. The user only has to add the tables that specify the allowed blocks for the different trains. The tool is web based. These are the tools to generate the Lua code for any layout:
The EEP Layout Tool https://frankbuchholz.github.io/EEP_convert_anl3_file/EEP_Gleisplan.html
The Lua Code Generator https://frankbuchholz.github.io/EEP_convert_anl3_file/EEP_blockControl.html (Open this in a new tab)

Link to video EEP Lua ATC 2.3.2.

44080423eu.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fascinating. This subject is of interest to me as I am currently building a fully automated N-scale layout. I plan to write the control software in Python from scratch myself.

I am not familiar with EEP so I looked up the reviews for this game on Steam and I see very negative reviews. Is that accurate?

@kleiner The negative reviews mostly stem from people who though it's a game, to play with trains. It's not a game ... it's a simulator, which means you have to put effort in to create a layout. The user interface could have been better, we have to live with that. If you have a Steam account, EEP 15 can be had for about €7,50 ... there's not much to lose.

@kleiner The negative reviews mostly stem from people who though it's a game, to play with trains. It's not a game ... it's a simulator, which means you have to put effort in to create a layout. The user interface could have been better, we have to live with that. If you have a Steam account, EEP 15 can be had for about €7,50 ... there's not much to lose.
Thanks - I will try it out.

Back