eBay Question

jrbernier

Milw Road in SW Wisconsin
It's been over 2 years since I have sold anything on eBay. I have about 50 N scale engines(high end Kato, Atlas) purchased in the late 90's. These are new in the box. What is the best time of the year to start listing this stuff. Is there a really 'hot' time of the train season to start listing this stuff?

Jim

Really haven't seen what you call a "Season" for better selling.Pretty much every time I've been on,it's pretty crowded with stuff.

Jim, out of curiousity, have you tried to list them on the "For Sale" forum on the Model Railroad Forums? It seems to me that there is a rather large target audience for that stuff here. Just my .02!

Model train sales in general are better during the winter months. More people are inside and have time to model then.

I've had so/so sales with current Atlas N engines, at about 40% off list price. I think I'm going to add them to my store and let them 'brew' for awhile there...eBay fees are too high to try to auction them again.

jrbernier said:
It's been over 2 years since I have sold anything on eBay. I have about 50 N scale engines(high end Kato, Atlas) purchased in the late 90's. These are new in the box. What is the best time of the year to start listing this stuff. Is there a really 'hot' time of the train season to start listing this stuff?

Jim
Not really. However, MRR sales tend to decline during late spring, all through summer, and early fall.(ESPECIALLY weathered items:rolleyes:.) They go up a bit during late fall, through winter, and early spring.

I agree with a few other that late fall to early spring but on the other hand it seems (I buy and sell mainly Lionel) prices are still at a high right now for most trains.

Back