Easter Weekend Photo fun 21/22/23/24 March

You guys are doing it to me again. I have said it many times, but every weekend that I look at your new photos gives me a kick-in-the-pants to go out and work on the layout. Very good medicine for an experienced procrastinator. :D

Bob, minus the lobster part, your store sure remains me of the childhood stores that I always liked to visit. Ah, the smell and coolness inside the drink cooler on a hot summer day; the thick sliced boloney and hoop cheese with crackers on the porch; the long twisted licorice sticks... Yup! Your detailing did all that to me:D :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff guys! Great modelling by a long shot. Way to go!!
Thank you for sharing your work and keep posting away.

TWhite, great pics and scenery. Would like to see more.
Cjcrescent, that's a nice canboose. You wouldn't happen to have a CN Pointe-St-Charles Caboose, would you?
Myowngod, realy like your building and the progress shot. Great weathering on it. Not too heavy. Just right.
jeffrey-wimberly, nice roster and nice weathering
Bob, great pics.
suprduc, let us know how things progress with your accurail boxcar and loco.
tompm, great pics.
John P, WOW! Amazing modeling/scenery/picture.
MTRPLS, Holly! Great stuff!
Grove den, Nicely done. i wish I ahd tress like that!!!
Selector, WOW! Nice pics and nice trains
macjet, can't wait to see more
catt, nice scene. Well done

Finished up the 2 buildings for the salvage yard today. Now I'll start building the diorama for it.
100_1721.jpg

100_1719.jpg

100_1720.jpg

Yeah, I like the stripes also. That gave me a good idea for the powerhouse I'm working on. It could add a little color to the loco doorways. Thanks for the assist. See you didn't even know you did that, did ya?

Great work this weekend everyone, some fantastic pictures to be seen here.

Bradley~ Nice MKT units. I really love the green and yellow scheme of theirs.

I've been working on a local steel train for my mini-mill at Wilton, IA. This is Gerdau Steel - one of the Rock Island's (now IAIS) major traffic generators on the Omaha-Chicago line. They basically take scrap metal and make steel pipes and rebar out of it.

This weekend I weathered an older blue gondola and updated it a bit and I also finished up a newer bulkhead flatcar:

64607334iz3.png

Josh, Ron,

The stripes on the building doors are just yellow testors paint and 45 degree micro-scale engine stripes.

To all,

I've been following along all weekend, you's are all amazing!! KUDO's to all!!

Special KUDO to Eric(Zephyr) you know where my heart lies, long live the Rock Island!!

Regards,

BTW Bob ! That Lobster Shack brought back memories from childhood. The Old Pepsi machine when all you needed was a straw and a bottle opener !!!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Carl
Great looking Seaboard unit!

Bob
Awesome Lesters!

MLW
Great shots and weathering!

Jeffery
Nice looking cars!

Ron
Cool progress!

Carey
Great looking caboose!

Tom
Nice shot!

Josh
Nice car!

John P
Great looking scenes!

Jerome
Great job on the buildings!

Bradley
Cool looking locos!

Zephyr
Nice job on the gon and flat car!

Jeffery
Looking good! Neat passing shot!

Jerome
Great paint scheme!

This old Athearn F7 is a relic from the early 80's and is in fact one of my very first Athearn's. It put in a lot of miles over the years until the frame just became too worn out to use it as a powered unit any longer. The motor and drive line were removed for use in other locos and it is now a dummy that is currently being run in one of my trains as a slug unit.

P1010032-1.jpg

Great looking DME paint Jerome.

Jeffrey- Looks like the F7 has definitely had a full life, nice work keeping it going.

Back