Dutch super modelrailwaylayout

grove den

naturally natural trees
For those who are interrested in big layouts and how they built them here 's an example of one of them in the Netherlands( Rotterdam.) It's called "Railzminiworld", website: http://www.railzminiworld.com
There is a translation in the english language....( no dunglish:D SP SD9!!) Watch the progress on the "buildinglogs"( already 45 weeks!!) It is a kind of instant "how to make" a layout: Benchwork, tracklaying,and scenery just started....etc.,etc.
It's very, very big and it is nice to see how "proffesionals" building a layout:cool:

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. that's really going to be something. The benchwork alone is impressive.

I always have enjoyed European layouts (i.e. built in Europe but concerning any prototype). There's a level of realism there that I don't think we always achieve over here in the U.S. I'm not sure why that is...

Of course there are a number of terrific layouts built by Americans that totally blow away my little stereotype here, there just seems to be something about most of them that doesn't really grab me and say "hey! I'm just like the real world, only tiny" the way they're supposed to.

Chris

Hello Steve B.,

About MiniRailzworld: Did you read about the fact that they want to built a Scottish/English modelrailwaylayout in about 2 years(finishing dec.2008) on 120 square meters! and 490 meters of track!!

Holy... I wanna see more!

Here's a quicky to the English (and English is apparently spelt wrong without a capital E, why did they not teach THAT in English class in school!?):
http://www.railzminiworld.com/ENGindex.htm

Very impressive, I think it may be better then the Tehachapi layout here in San Diego!

Hello Josh,

More will come soon, be patient!;)

About the word: English/english is it WITH or WITHOUT a capital E?:confused:
If it is WITH, I cannot see any mistakes in the E(e)nglish -as well in the D(d)utch part of this web-site:eek:

Jos

Wow.. that's really going to be something. The benchwork alone is impressive.

I always have enjoyed European layouts (i.e. built in Europe but concerning any prototype). There's a level of realism there that I don't think we always achieve over here in the U.S. I'm not sure why that is...

I'm convinced it's in the way they do the ground and grasses etc.

The first thing they do is make the track elevated, and the terrain is a bit uneven, as it is in the prototype. Small streams, drainage ditches, etc, but there is usually some hint of the uneven ground you find in real life.

Secondly, and just as important, is that they use some very nice ground covers to reprsent grass and foliage. I feel that's what catches your eye and makes the scene look real.

This photo is a good example:
http://www.modelspoorteam.com/foto/vinkeveen/vink11.JPG

The train, while nice, isn't super-detailed or anything special, at least not that I can see from the photo. However, the scene still has realism, which I think is due to the ditch and the grasses.

Hello Josh,

More will come soon, be patient!;)

About the word: English/english is it WITH or WITHOUT a capital E?:confused:
If it is WITH, I cannot see any mistakes in the E(e)nglish -as well in the D(d)utch part of this web-site:eek:

Jos
Capital. Its not the website, its myself. The wife says it was taught in one of her "optional" English classes in High School, that explains why *I* never learned that one.

Hi Jos, I just made it over to the link. When I have seen other huge layouts, I never thought about all the work I had to do on mine has to be done x100 on them. The photos from the beginning to the present certainly show the complexity of it all. It is a huge project, but it looks like there are a lot of talented people working on it.

Strange, I thought....

Hawkeye 251 wrote:

"I always have enjoyed European layouts (i.e. built in Europe but concerning any prototype). There's a level of realism there that I don't think we always achieve over here in the U.S. I'm not sure why that is..."

Strange.....? because I thought that modelling a layout like real nature was "founded" in the USA!! and than we( Europe) followed you...
May be an explaination is that most of the European layouts are much smaller than the ones shown in your country and therefore "we" can make/modell more like nature, I mean the details. There is more time to make these little things because the layout is not so big...
Another Item could be that ,because it is so "small" Your eyes are "asking"for details!
So I think the level of realism on the layouts in your country as well in Europe is 50/50:)

Modelbob wrote:

This photo is a good example:
http://www.modelspoorteam.com/foto/vinkeveen/vink11.JPG

Did you have a look at their website: > www.modelspoorteam.com < ?

About the steamengine: It looks like it is an English type, so there is not much of details on the outside anyway. It's all under the surface...

Jos

Jos, I agree with you. Europeans (in general) are more meticulous, and also more relax, maybe even better observer. I think the quality of their "kits" has something to do with it too.

Great website: Excellent pics and awesome scenery/detailing

Thx

No "Hurry!" syndrome here:

Berlin004.jpg

Berlin011.jpg

Pa061448.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello MLW!

That small layout is also built by a Dutch modelrailroadfan!( Hans Louvet)
Great, you like it too!!

Jos

Back