DT400 not responding properly

Fergmiester

M.E.S.S. Maker
My Digitrax DT 400 controller started to get "quirky" on me about a week ago as double clicking the knobs would not change the direction of the Loco. This problem cleared up and now I can only control speed using the "+" and "-" signs. Turning the throttles will not do anything, No speed, no programming, nada. Have I some how locked something up and need to do a "Reboot", if so, how?

Thanks on advance

Fergie

Fergie, have you been getting a series of beeps every now and then. There is a battery in the DCS100 command stations (not sure about others) that maintains the settings memory of the CMOS and that may be playing tricks on you if it is weak. See page 39 of the Command Station manual.

Actually... I got it to work last night before bedtime. I thought about what I could have possibly done to cause the problem and then it dawned on me that it dropped onto the carpet (3 ft drop) just before the problems.

So I dropped it again and guess what?

It works!

Me thinks I may have to send it in for a check up.

Fergie

Called Digitrax today and she's going home. It will cost me $25. Might have to get a spare... just in case!

Fergie

Fergmiester said:
Called Digitrax today and she's going home. It will cost me $25. Might have to get a spare... just in case!

Fergie

If it's a non radio unit, now might be a good time to upgrade to a curly cord if needed. I've been coveting Rex's curley cord equipped DT400 since I first laid eyes on it. I need to have our throttles upgraded (or just switch my DT400 with Rex when he's not looking :D ).

'No touchy my curly !':D

The curled cord is so much nicer than the one I have on the other 400. (I can't trip over it:D )

Back