Doug Tagsold new layout, or Model Railroader curse?

JDL56

img_3954.png

Model Railroader featured Doug Tagsold's updated Denver, Front Range & Western layout in its April issue. By the time the issue came out the layout was gone, replaced by Doug's new Terminal of Toledo layout. (See above.) Has the Model Railroader curse struck again?

More about that, and photos of Doug's new layout,can be found on my blog at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.ca/2012/03/doug-tagsolds-new-layout-or-model.html

John Longhurst, Winnipeg

i don't see how its a curse. The link said that by the time the article appeared his layout was dismantled for nearly 2 years. So how is that a curse? It would be a curse that if you appear in the mag that something bad happens.

I got to admit it does bum me out to read about a spectacular layout only to find out it no longer exists. Be that as it may, I am a big fan of Conrail so I hope to see more of his new one.

Tell me more about this curse. Is it anything like appearing on the cover of the Madden NFL video game?

Exactly. Follow the link on my original post to read more about it--and the explanation for it.

Since there are dozens and dozens of layouts that have been featured on the cover of MR that are still in operation, this "curse" seems unsupported by reality.

What happens more often is that an owner who has already decided to tear down his layout will document it with photos and an article.

Doug Tagsold has built and torn down multiple layouts in the last decade or so, it's not at all surprising that he did so again.

Before labeling something as a mysterious "curse", it's important to consider which way the cause-and-effect "arrow" is pointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Layouts are like Bhuddist sand paintings... ;)

sandpainting2.jpg

Here today... gone tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back