Doodle Bugs

bearmech

Hi all. New here and just starting again after many years away (pre DCC). Anyway, does anybody know if anybody produces the Sant Fe M-160 and or the M-190?
My dad was a conductor on the Clovis to Carlsbad run and I road it many times in the passenger car and in the cab. I would love to run these on my own layout.
Thanks in advance.
Dwayne

You know, for how many times I've looked at photos of the Santa Fe doodle bugs, I didn't realize that M-190 was articulated.

yes it is. the last time i saw either the m-160 or 190 was around 1964 or 1965. i remember riding the train and wanting to drive.

Thought I'd share my... M190

DSCN1182.JPG

Enjoy,
Greg

The M190 in Belen is looking pretty sad. I'll be going to the museum to see the M160 soon, it's only about 15 mile away. Dad ran Clovis to Belen for years on freight trains.

Sure the best way I think to help is to show a picture of the box. Found a dealers webpage with some great photos.

Mine has always sat as a display in front of the engine house, it is in new condition.

The only paint is the Santa Fe war bonnet. The body looks to be chrome, has a stainless steel look about it. I never bought large amounts of brass 3 pieces to be exact. The M190 was so unusual I had to have it. It was purchased at the Orange Blossom Hobby Shop, Miami,FL

Greg

https://www.trainmaster.ch/Z-002.htm

IMG_2955.jpg

Thanks for sharing Greg, Can you tell more about your M190? I would love to have an M190 as well as the 160.

Back