Divider Panel

I laid the benchwork for my train and I would like to split in to two using a divider. Since I have never done this what do you make the divider out of, attach it, and decorate it. Any help would be appreciated.

Depends on how sturdy you want it..some use ply board..We used 1/2" foam board...And since the top base of our bench work is foam board, we jut cut a slot and cemented it in...its very sturdy and adding some back wall buildings even made it stronger. We glue foliage and shrubs to it with no problem.

I think the most common divider is Masonite, however I've seen plywood, sheet styrene, drywall...

It all depends on your situation, skills and needs. For the most part think big and flat.

Scale Rails (the NMRA magazine) has had a couple articles about using sheet aluminum hung from the ceiling. Looks nice...more than I think I need though.

Depends on how sturdy you want it..some use ply board..We used 1/2" foam board...And since the top base of our bench work is foam board, we jut cut a slot and cemented it in...its very sturdy and adding some back wall buildings even made it stronger. We glue foliage and shrubs to it with no problem.

What's hanging down from the ceiling...are they lights or paper clips?

What's hanging down from the ceiling...are they lights or paper clips?

Yep, (good eye!) they are paperclips on strings left over from the school that was there before...We thought about stringing a couple sets of white X-mas lights up high to simmulate star lit night. Think it work??? :rolleyes:

...We thought about stringing a couple sets of white X-mas lights up high to simmulate star lit night. Think it work??? :rolleyes:

Use the net-like lights...you know, the ones with the forest green wires...they'll blend right in with the drop ceiling :rolleyes:

Back