Ditch lights and programing

WC3026

So I picked up some ditch light housings tonight and want to put them on two of my locos. Now I am not so good at understanding the way it is put in the instruction manuals so I am wandering if any of you have a easier way of putting it.

I want them on when going forward and off when going in reverse. I want to be able to make them flash when I want to(this is where I get lost).
The lights I got were details west DL-361 with 3v bulbs.
I am using digitrax sd163d decoders and MRC Prodigy advanced2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the decoder has the capacity to do what ya want to do but I don't know about the MRC system. Typically, they program up to flash alternatelly when ya sound the horn. You can probably program them to flash by another command besides the horn but I haven't tried that yet. As far as off in reverse and on going forward, I think they can at best only be turned on or off with being able to link to direction of the loco.

So I picked up some ditch light housings tonight and want to put them on two of my locos. Now I am not so good at understanding the way it is put in the instruction manuals so I am wandering if any of you have a easier way of putting it.

I want them on when going forward and off when going in reverse. I want to be able to make them flash when I want to(this is where I get lost).
The lights I got were details west DL-361 with 3v bulbs.
I am using digitrax sd163d decoders and MRC Prodigy advanced2 system.

I would put a post on the MRC Prodigy Forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MRC-DCC/info. They will be of great help.
Wayne

Back