Distracting voices and heads popping-up in videos.

Horseman, you have posted a number of videos taken at the museum I believe. I really enjoy these a lot.

Horseman, you have posted a number of videos taken at the museum I believe. I really enjoy these a lot.
Thanks but that is someone else. I had to have someone help me post the one video I did put up. I'm not really a big video person. The Museum has DVDs of all the professionally done videos available for purchase.

I post more still photos like this one from "my" train last weekend:
20170909_155039.jpg
Train 252, the ore train, returning empty eastbound from Coo's Bay passes down the river valley toward Dog Lake. The Sycan Branch track is visible in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, down with body parts. I have no desire to watch some guy yak in his car on the way to some guys house with a nice layout; seems like they just want their 15 minutes of fame - or sometimes a lot more when you spread the same MO across all the video's the guy makes. Click ahead FTW! When I watch anything on YouTube I tend to skip ahead to the meat very quickly. So whoever makes video's on YouTube, do us all a favor and stop the long intro's, we don't watch them anyway.
Honestly I've always considered the whole yakking in the car on the way there more annoying than stuff like outside voices or random body parts popping in. If you're filming at a train show or an open house random voices and intruding arms, butts, and whatever else is pretty much unavoidable. But yeah the whole yakking about stupid stuff on the way there annoys me no matter what the video is about. I'm not interested in hearing about whatever you drove past on the way to some guy's house. Seriously it's a model train video it should be about model trains.

Yes, there are plenty of people who can do a good job with a video; but, seem to think they need to HAMS it up, also. I think the "Toy Man" Videos are almost not worth watching. If I where to make a video of either my layout; or, the club layout (if I belonged to a club), I would do it at a time that very few people where around and in fact those who would be around would have instructions to keep out of the video footage. Isn't the purpose of modeling a model railroad, to make it as realistic as possible? I know that what is "realistic" can be argued about until we are all blue in the face! However, having huge heads smiling and popping-up around every bend of the track, is certainly not realistic!

Back