Display Case Question

U-3-b

GTW in the summer of 53
Many years ago when my parents realized that I would not out grow my train collecting, they got me this very nice train case to display my engines. Well, as I said that was many years ago and I, as you can see, am in need of another case. This one is wood, 1’ by 5’ and has glass doors. The man who made it is no longer in business and I am turning to you to see if anyone out there knows where I might be able to obtain a close copy.

I have done numerous searches on the internet, bought my first copy of Model Railroader in nearly 20 years (it has really changed) to see if there was anything in there, but I am coming up with nothing that is even close.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

you could also try a local wood worker or or go to a mom and pop hardware store (NOT LOWES) and see if they can recomend any one to make you one

Ryan

Ryan,

That is a very good idea. We have a lot of cabinet shops in the area and I bet with the downturn in the housing market they might be willing to make one for me.

Thanks,

Steve

I got a really nice case from an e-bay seller based in San Francisco. It's 3 feet long by 20 inches high and made of very high quality oak, with a glass front and bottom latches. The also sell larger cases. I wish I could remember the seller's name but I can't. If you search e-bay for train display cases, they should show up.

I just bought 2 4' x 6' wood and glass display cases from a man in Central Wisconsin for $75 each today. He has more, larger ones left. No shipping, pickup only, in case anyone is interiested. They are really nice...

DSC06517.png

DSC06516.png

DSC06514.png

Back