Digitrax

Scottew7

I have a digitrax zephyr, and I want to prchase a dt-402 walkaround throttle. Is there anythiny else I need the buy with that. How long is the cord. I also am going to buy the UR92 Duplex Radio Tranceiver. Just was wondering if anybody knows if everything I included. I hate having to wait on shipping then finding out I need somthing else. N scale code 55. THANKS.

I think you'll have everything. The UR92 plugs into loconet. The UR92 comes with the correct power supply.

Is the throttle a DT-402D? If it isn't there will no radio capability between the throttle and the UR92. You'd be better of saving $100+ and getting the UP5.

UR91 works with ALL radio throttles. UR92 only works with the Duplex throttles as they operate on a 2.1 GHz frequency.

If you want to plug in every time you make a change, get a UP5

I have a digitrax zephyr, and I want to prchase a dt-402 walkaround throttle. Is there anythiny else I need the buy with that. How long is the cord. I also am going to buy the UR92 Duplex Radio Tranceiver. Just was wondering if anybody knows if everything I included. I hate having to wait on shipping then finding out I need somthing else. N scale code 55. THANKS.

The cord on the DT402 is about 7' long. On the DT402R or DT402D, it is about 12" long. As was mentioned before, if you are not planning on getting a radio throttle you'll be better off getting a UP5 instead of a UR92. If you get a UP5, you will also need to get a Loconet cable(the UR92 comes with one).

UR91 works with ALL radio throttles. UR92 only works with the Duplex throttles as they operate on a 2.1 GHz frequency...

The radio receiver in the UR91 only works with the 'R' series of the throttles; however, the infrared receiver will work with all throttles, including non-radio throttles. The UR91 WILL NOT work with 'D' series throttles in radio mode. Similarly, the radio transceiver in the UR92 will only work with 'D' series throttles, and the infrared receiver will work with all throttles.

Ok thanks guys. Nw question. What is the difference between radio and infrared? And what do you mean when you say you don't want to pug in.

So if I get the dt402 non duplex, and the up5 I will have to plug in when I make changes and program, but will be able to unplug when running train with a 9 volt battery. That what I got from digitrax website.

Back