Digitrax Super Empire Builder

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi all. I'm considering a Digitrax Super Empire Builder for our small RR. I doubt we'd be running more than 10 locos max at any given time. I like the Digitrax features and the fact that it won't be obsolete when their next product hits the market. Is there any drawbacks to it? Is there anything out there that's a better deal? It'll be a little while before we upgrade so I'm gathering info. The planning is half the fun!

One big drawback has come to my attention with the SEB, it has write only programming! Looking for an alternative...

Hi Grande Man,

Most people buy systems based upon their comfort level with it or it fits well with the groups they interact with the most. Have you had a chance to try any others? Only the Super Chief system has read back capability but as always it comes with a higher price.

Good luck

If you are just starting out, try the Zephyr by Digitrax. It has full programming capabilities including readback. As you say, you can always upgrade later. Or start with the Chief, a lot more capabilities for only a small increase in price.

David

Back