Digitrax Soundbug

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Just wondering if anyone here has used the new Soundbug "piggyback" sound decoder from Digitrax? http://www.digitrax.com/soundbug.php I am wondering how they sound with the sound files they come loaded with and how they are to install in P2K geeps. This looks like it may be a good way to add sound to a few of our locos.

if you can't hear one in your local shop, find some clips on youtube - sound quality is inferior to the big players (QSI , Tsunami) , there is no question about it.
Some might say its better then nothing, but I personally would rather have no sound at all then have buzzy sound-bug. but it is your choice .

if you can't hear one in your local shop, find some clips on youtube - sound quality is inferior to the big players (QSI , Tsunami) , there is no question about it.
Some might say its better then nothing, but I personally would rather have no sound at all then have buzzy sound-bug. but it is your choice .

I'll have to try youtube again. The video I saw had pretty lousy audio.

It sure is tempting to be able to easily (and inexpensively) convert some of our P2K geeps. Next time I see our local Digitrax dealer I'll ask him about the Soundbug. Compared with some of the old Soundtraxx stuff we still run, the new Digitrax chip will probably sound pretty good. ;)

You have a point about the top tier sound units. We only have one QSI unit but it is awesome.

Back