Digitrax CV Help Needed

KB02

At the risk of this post becoming one huge ad for RailPro, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to program a simple lighting CV on my Digitrax SDH166D. This is one of the reasons I am slowly making the switch to RailPro - The ease of this process is SO much less difficult.

I have number plate lights wired into the Brown Function 3 wire. I would like them to simply turn on or off as controlled by the function (non-directional specific). I have tried every CV and chart combination I can find or think of. All I get is coupler clank.

I never could figure out all the programming gobbley goop for everything myself so no help there.
I'll be watching for a reply tho so maybe I can get my stuff done.

I presume you know the precise model of decoder, and that you have access to the full operating manual for it? If you do, AND IT OFFERS the functions you would like to use, AND IT is wired correctly, AND IT is fully operational (sometimes things get glitchy and need a reset, or sometimes they're defective to boot), the rest is just CV29 correctly configured and any specific accessory lighting configured per the manual.

Digitrax is straightforward about which mode to use for which CV changes, and mine works flawlessly.

Paged Mode for address changes and initial assignments from factory setting. All others are done on the main in 'OPS MODE'.

You enter programming, click to the correct mode, then enter the appropriate CV number. Then enter the variable you want that is within the correct range for that CV.

Press 'Enter', and your locomotive should shunt and click or buzz. Press "Exit", and you should have the desired change.

You may have to perform 'function mapping' to a function button, which should be explained in the decoder's manual. Digitrax will also have instructions on how to function map, but not for specific decoders.

Turns out I had the LED's wired backwards. Once I fixed that, the number plate lights came on no problem. I can't tell you what CV it was that did the job, as I had adjusted several prior to switching the wires. Still getting couple clank, though. I'll need to dive into the Sound FX at some point to turn that off, but for now, the engineer will just have to throw a really big switch to turn on his number plate lights. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Back