Details West PL-160 pilot/plow attachment

I usually use regular old Testors glue. I think one of the two would be the best option for gluing metal to plastic.

If there is a way to "rough up" the glue surface, CA is the way to go.
I would also think Goo would work fine-as long as it has time to cure.

Howard: Do the plows have mounting pins for attachment? If so then like Sherrel says, use AC.

GOO may attack some plastics.

Greg

Hi and no the old DW plows had no pins, only a flat surround surface to follow the contour of the nose.
I used Goo in the past with mixed results and think Im going to try the CA and see if it will hold up.

Howard: Perhaps using Canopy Glue which dries completely clear would be the solution for your plow attachment. I'm using some right now to reattach a broken stirrup from a box car.

Greg

Last edited:
A medium viscosity CA should work, although I have use Walthers GOO on metal to wood surfaces that are still holding 50 years later!

One more for the mix - I use a thick C/A glue for different media like that. Or if you're patient and can set up a jig to hold items in place a two part epoxy.

Two part epoxy is how I attached brass pilots to the MDC metal chassis. I used strips of styrene to hold it level off the track till it cured.

Back