Detail

ringo thomas

So how much time do you all spend doing the details inside your buildings and trains?
I have been building my ticket office for 3.5 weeks now and i still have a long way to go. Every rubber mould takes me a couple of hours to carve, then i have to pour the figure and paint it.
Also i am having a lotof trouble with the turnstyles and ticket gates.
it is very fiddly business this stuff!
i have kept all my moulds and i may sell them on ebay or direct through thi site at a later stage. Let me know if you are interested.
Over and out.

Wow sounds like a lot of work. You might have to do the same thing for those locos you are looking for. Don't know of anyone producing those yet unless some one is making them overseas in brass.Good luck, Ron.

That is dissapointing to hear, Ron.
I dont think i could make those locos out of rubber though. Maybe i could make them from lead or something?

Could get a little heavy with lead. You might want to try plastic resin instead or even fibreglass. Ron.

Hmmmm, plastic or fibreglass?
Never thought of that.
I can get plastic no problems, i will melt down some office supplies.
Where do you all buy your fibreglass supplies?
Over and out

So how much time do you all spend doing the details inside your buildings and trains?
I have been building my ticket office for 3.5 weeks now and i still have a long way to go. Every rubber mould takes me a couple of hours to carve, then i have to pour the figure and paint it.
Also i am having a lotof trouble with the turnstyles and ticket gates.
it is very fiddly business this stuff!
i have kept all my moulds and i may sell them on ebay or direct through thi site at a later stage. Let me know if you are interested.
Over and out.
Interested, Heck, I'll take it! I've been looking for kits to sell in the future. What scale are we talking?

Back