Detail Part Question

I find Overland's horns to be a bit oversize, so you might try Details West. By the way, what's someone from Cincinnati doing modeling the Dallas, Garland and Northeastern? :)

Edited to add: Detail Associates makes a plastic horn kit, which can be built to virtually any configuration up to five bells. Not the easiest thing to do, but a sure thing. Each kit contains two complete horns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that should be that kit, the 5/3 one.

But as for Overland being oversize, at least the have the K3LA that BNSF uses, NO one else makes a K3LA.

I thought DW just recently came out with one. I'll check my parts inventory tonight.

RCH said:
I find Overland's horns to be a bit oversize, so you might try Details West. By the way, what's someone from Cincinnati doing modeling the Dallas, Garland and Northeastern? :)

The reason I am modeling that unit is becuase the DGNO has a sister operation here in Cincy called the Indiana & Ohio Railway, both I&O & DGNO are owned by a parent company called RailAmerica & that is the corporate paint scheme Red/Gray, plus RailAmerica sends power from various roads anywhere on there system that is why they have a plain paint job so all they have to do is change the reporing marks not anything else. There are 2 Indiana & Ohio GP40's on the DGNO right now as a matter of fact.

That is my reason, thanks for all the help!

Okay, I learned they were RailAmerica after researching some of the cool leasers they had, but I didn't know IORY was, too. I'll keep an eye out for these locomotives for you and see if I can't get a shot from a bridge sometime.

If you find the DW part naumber, I'd love it, I need about 2 dozen as of now.

Ah, you were right, Josh. I was thinking of this: (see attached image)

It's one I've been waiting for a long time to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHH the RSL-3L-R3! I gotta wonder why there's no K3LA's, besides the Overland part, when BNSF & NS units use K3LA's?

Back