derelict locomotives

BCK RR

I did a search of derelict locomotives and this popped up... it also popped up in the abandoned category . this might make for a quick project wherever it may fit on ones model rail line.

BCK RR

10580718_10205502697633242_5897650716666137636_o.jpg

Interesting photo. I was watching the RFD channel last Monday and the show was about EMD units and this really shows the inner workings quite well.

Thanks for posting.

View attachment 54924Reminds me of 1980 in Paducah Kentucky. I drove across an overpass to see below me a whole yard of locos going to scrap. It included a bunch of IC, GM&O, and IGC e units much like the one in the picture. When I got home I called the shops and they said I could have them just get them out of the yard, but alas I could not find any place to send them. Called every railroad museum I could think of but no luck in saving them.

That reminds me of one of the feeder trees for one of the 250 ton presses out at work. A feeder tree is supposed to have two steel coils on it, the one that the press is currently working on, and the next coil already staged. The operator can then push a button and the tree will rotate 180 degrees bringing the second coil automatically in line with the press.
The tree in question is only operable on one side. Why? Because the second side has been cannibalized for parts for the first side! Why bother actually buying the parts that are needed? Who cares if it now takes twice as long to change a coil?
Here's your sign!

That reminds me of one of the feeder trees for one of the 250 ton presses out at work. A feeder tree is supposed to have two steel coils on it, the one that the press is currently working on, and the next coil already staged. The operator can then push a button and the tree will rotate 180 degrees bringing the second coil automatically in line with the press.
The tree in question is only operable on one side. Why? Because the second side has been cannibalized for parts for the first side! Why bother actually buying the parts that are needed? Who cares if it now takes twice as long to change a coil?
Here's your sign!

Sometimes parts just aren't available any more or what is still available is so prohibitively expensive that it's better just struggle on for a time until enough funds can be procured to purchase a whole new machine.

I have an old Varney F3 the shell with its zamack casting is in pieces, I may make a scrap line with it in it....

I bought it for the drive which was in good shape.

Funny thing Bob, when I first saw the top picture I thought of your version right away !

Back